Anyone else stuck in contract but wants the Incredible?..what to do!

spyder560

Reaction score
So I just got the Moto Droid with renewed contract recently.
My contract is not up until 7/2011, but I really want to get the DInc.

Not sure what would be the best thing to do.
Add an extra line until my contract end date?
Just pay full retail and try to sell my Moto Droid?

Help! Anyone else in my situation? What are you planning to do or have done? Just lookin for some suggestions...thanks!

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Ah yes, one of those! How long after you get the Incredible before you start whining about the next Droid?

him

Reaction score
add an extra line. Its only 10 bucks a month. If you transfer your droid into a cheapo phone line. That will add up to 240 bucks over a two your contract vs the 599 for the phone.

zMd113

Reaction score
So when did you renew your contract? July? Why didn't you buy the Incredible from the start?

Abadus

Reaction score
add an extra line. Its only 10 bucks a month. If you transfer your droid into a cheapo phone line. That will add up to 240 bucks over a two your contract vs the 599 for the phone.

+ 30 a month for data right? You can't just drop that.... So it is more like 40 * 2 years = 960?

pwilks24

Reaction score

+ 30 a month for data right? You can't just drop that.... So it is more like 40 * 2 years = 960?

No, what he/she is saying is add the line by purchasing the incredible, then get a cheap phone that doesn't require data and put it on that line so he/she won't have to pay that $30 data price.

pmas

Reaction score
Or you can do what I did.
Buy it full retail ($575). Sell the Droid on ebay (I got $320 for mine with an extra battery and charger).
Send in the rebate even though your receipt says it's not qualified..it is. When you get your rebate card, exchange it for cash at nearly any bank.
Bottom line is it will cost you less than adding a line over 2 years.
Also, I had a storm 1 that I also sold for $120 with two extra batteries and charger. So if you have any other smart phones laying around, see what you can get on ebay. I ended up with the Incredible plus money plus I am still eligible for an upgrade in October since I never renewed a contract.
Either way, good luck. You will love the Inc.

him

Reaction score

No, what he/she is saying is add the line by purchasing the incredible, then get a cheap phone that doesn't require data and put it on that line so he/she won't have to pay that $30 data price.

Right... This will be my strategy for upgrading my phones once a year...just keep a cheapo phone on and keep a 10 dollar plan rotating. That way every year one of my 3 lines will be eligible for an upgrade :).

As for the 320 on ebay for the droid. After shipping, paypal fees, ebay fees. Its only but 280. Not to mention that not every droid is going to fetch that price. Me for example i have a little dent in that gold speaker covering under the batter case where i tried to slide the battery cover on. But you could sell the droid and use that to fund the 10 dollar a month plan. 320 will get you two years and then some. Hell if you get 240 then your 3rd line is paid for.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
You can just sell your Droid and buy a Droid Incredible. It'll be cheaper that way then adding another line, it all adds up more by the end of your contract more than just buying retail.

him

Reaction score
You can just sell your Droid and buy a Droid Incredible. It'll be cheaper that way then adding another line, it all adds up more by the end of your contract more than just buying retail.

All depends on what your droid sells for. New phone line is 240 over two years... incredible is what 599? so in order to be better than the new phone line you have to sell your droid for a minimum of 350.

thecrock0984

Reaction score
I got a solution. Worked for me altough wasnt my intent. I was fed up with Verizon. SO i put into motions with Verizon canceling my contract. They called me a few days later offering me a phone upgrade at the 2yr price to stay. I went on with the cancelation bc I was mad. Changed my mind about 2 days after canceled service and they gave me an INC at the 2 yr price to come back. That simple.

him

Reaction score
A bit risky because if it doesnt work than you are stuck 6 months with another carrier.