Anyone else stuck in contract but wants the Incredible?..what to do!

pmas

Reaction score
You can just sell your Droid and buy a Droid Incredible. It'll be cheaper that way then adding another line, it all adds up more by the end of your contract more than just buying retail.

All depends on what your droid sells for. New phone line is 240 over two years... incredible is what 599? so in order to be better than the new phone line you have to sell your droid for a minimum of 350.

Dont forget the one hundred dollar rebate. That brings the figure to $250 for the droid which is doable.. But dont wait long because once the droid 2 is out, there will be tons of droids on ebay.

Tino

Reaction score
You can just sell your Droid and buy a Droid Incredible. It'll be cheaper that way then adding another line, it all adds up more by the end of your contract more than just buying retail.

All depends on what your droid sells for. New phone line is 240 over two years... incredible is what 599? so in order to be better than the new phone line you have to sell your droid for a minimum of 350.

Dont forget the one hundred dollar rebate. That brings the figure to $250 for the droid which is doable.. But dont wait long because once the droid 2 is out, there will be tons of droids on ebay.

Don't forget that if you add a line you still have to pay something for the incredible. Its not just a total cost of 240 for the plan add another 200 for the phone. So buying the inc outright looks likke the much more appealing strategy..

OP
spyder560

spyder560

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions/tips...much appreciated.

So this is what I'm going to do just in case anyone who's in my predicament is interested.

I made a visit to Fry's Electronics. I spoke to the VZW guy there and he said to do this -

Buy the Inc as a completely new user/new activation/etc.

After 30 days, he says to contact VZW to have them add the phone as a family plan on my existing account and jus swap the numbers. That way I can just have the same plan as I do now, don't pay anything extra but have 2 phones attached to it. Plus I get to pay the cheaper price for the Inc. Plus Frys seems to be the only place not sold out..at least not in my area and they're cheaper than VZW!

The only downside of this is I can't do sell/do anything else with my original Droid. But I'm ok with that.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Bleh. The incredible is barely worth the upgrade from the original droid. Plus when like 4 more droids will be released this year why should i upgrade now when i can wait and get a much better phone?

Tino

Reaction score

So this is what I'm going to do just in case anyone who's in my predicament is interested.

I made a visit to Fry's Electronics. I spoke to the VZW guy there and he said to do this -

After 30 days, he says to contact VZW to have them add the phone as a family plan on my existing account and jus swap the numbers. That way I can just have the same plan as I do now, don't pay anything extra but have 2 phones attached to it. Plus I get to pay the cheaper price for the Inc. Plus Frys seems to be the only place not sold out..at least not in my area and they're cheaper than VZW!

The only downside of this is I can't do sell/do anything else with my original Droid. But I'm ok with that.

Dude this makes no sense. You can't sign a two year contract then just move the phone over to your original line and expect your new contract to just go away. Stop giving people terrible information. Your best bet as others have said is to just buy the phone outright and sell your original for a couple hundred. If you go any other route you will end up regretting it...

Remember man to have any droid phone under contract on verizon requires a 30 dollar data plan. Two phones pay that cost twice. Phones don't share data under family plane only voice. Anybody telling you otherwise is full of 'ish.

kmo

Reaction score
Bleh. The incredible is barely worth the upgrade from the original droid. Plus when like 4 more droids will be released this year why should i upgrade now when i can wait and get a much better phone?
Nothing personal but not sure why you MDroid users even come in here to comment on the INC not being better, we know you love your MDroids but c'mon. Just the specs alone make this a better device, did you even read any comparisons (reviews by Engadget, CNET, etc.) between the two. Glad you love your Droid but as far as it being a better device, that's very debatable. Got rid of my MDroid in the 30 day return period when I saw the difference between the 2 phones, never looked back. The Incredible comes in at high marks all across the board when any tech sources are talking about it. You guys need to get over this "battle" thing you have with the HTC INC, DAMN. It's a very good device period....no matter what you put it up against. ;)

him

Reaction score

Dude this makes no sense. You can't sign a two year contract then just move the phone over to your original line and expect your new contract to just go away. Stop giving people terrible information. Your best bet as others have said is to just buy the phone outright and sell your original for a couple hundred. If you go any other route you will end up regretting it...

Remember man to have any droid phone under contract on verizon requires a 30 dollar data plan. Two phones pay that cost twice. Phones don't share data under family plane only voice. Anybody telling you otherwise is full of 'ish.

+1...probably not a good idea to have a totally separate plan.

OP
spyder560

spyder560

Reaction score

Dang, calm down man. I'm just passing on what the VZ guy told me.
I'm not saying this was necessarily factual/true. I'm just going by what he suggested. I figured he worked for VZ, he must know what he's talking about when it comes to the plans and what can/can't be done...sorry..sheesh.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

You guys need to get over this "battle" thing you have with the HTC INC, DAMN. ;)

What "battle" are you speaking of :shocked: I'm in here quite a bit and it's very rare I see a post hating the Incredible. Actually your "you MDroid users" is worse than the comment that made you go off on everyone. He has his opinion...you have yours. Don't take it out on all MDRoid users .... the only battle I see is one you're trying to start.

kmo

Reaction score

You guys need to get over this "battle" thing you have with the HTC INC, DAMN. ;)

What "battle" are you speaking of :shocked: I'm in here quite a bit and it's very rare I see a post hating the Incredible. Actually your "you MDroid users" is worse than the comment that made you go off on everyone. He has his opinion...you have yours. Don't take it out on all MDRoid users .... the only battle I see is one you're trying to start.
You made my point, relax no worries here. Just making an observation. You're spot on proving exactly what I'm talking about, up in arms over a simple comment. There just phones, I don't take this personally like some do. Haha. Like I said previously, this isn't a personal attack, please don't turn it into something it wasn't meant to be....

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
Best way....Add a line get your incredible ,Pay the first month,shut a line offand pay the early term fee...$75 i think it was. so it will cost you $299 then u get $100 rebate the the early term fee $75 = $225

bje1982

Reaction score

You cant do that.. If you add a line and go past 30 days your stuck with the line.. Then it would be like originally stated as being $240+$200 for the phone you do the math.. And youll need another crappy phone to replace the incredible on your new line too. I would sell the Droid for as much as possible and come up with the difference to buy the Inc outright that might not be the cheapest way but the little extra you spend that way is better than signing new contracts and having spare lines on your account and more cancellation fees to worry about.

bje1982

Reaction score
Best way....Add a line get your incredible ,Pay the first month,shut a line offand pay the early term fee...$75 i think it was. so it will cost you $299 then u get $100 rebate the the early term fee $75 = $225

Cancellation fee is $350 for smartphones.

him

Reaction score

Cancellation fee is $350 for smartphones.

Yuppers. 350, unless you got your droid before they jacked up the rates. Or if you have a regular phone.