Anyone else getting bad battery life with 6.3.0 ?

mjh68

Reaction score
Besides qkpony , anyone else getting horrible battery with the last 2 releases ? I brought it up in the 1.6.3.0 thread, but it was present with the last release as well. My battery drains within 6-8 hours and that is even idling. I am wiping before install, I don't have any widgets outside of fancy widgets for my clock. When I look at battery usage it shows android os is using 45% of resources. I have tried stock kernel and Chevy's kernel the 1.0 ghz release and when I use the same kernel on his stock 5.4 release I have normal to great battery usage.
I wondered about theme, but have tried at least 3 different ones with the same results . Did the battery calibration routine using zeppinlox method and the other method of letting phone run down , recharge, wipe battery stats and still no difference. Any suggs ?

P.S.
Might have found the answer, more browsing and I found that high android OS usage suggestions voltage isn't playing well with the phone, so will try a medium volt kernel and run that for a bit .

Last edited:
OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
Yes, switched to Chevy's med volt 1.0ghz and sat from midnight to 4a.m. idle and still at 100% . Last night I had dropped from 80% to dead in the same time frame. Wow, lesson learned . I always assumed if my droid booted a kernel and didn't bootloop or freeze up it was ok to run , but obviously it can be more subtle than that.

Card

Reaction score
I'm running the ChevyNo1 1.25ghz mdV kernel, and I noticed the battery dropped from 90% to 70% in like 30 minutes, without even touching the phone. But then I plugged it in and it magically went back to 90% within a minute. So I think my issue is something beyond the battery draining quickly.

ggtus

Reaction score
Well i have it running at 1.1ghz interactive alfonso kernel. it set to be on demand when screen is off and everything is okay with me. I get around 8 hours of battery time before I have to switch to my 2nd battery

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
Well i have it running at 1.1ghz interactive alfonso kernel. it set to be on demand when screen is off and everything is okay with me. I get around 8 hours of battery time before I have to switch to my 2nd battery

I was probably getting less than 8 hours even , but even 8 hours seems short. Med volt kernel gives me about 10 or so , went to chevy's 5.4 and battery life was about 15 hours.