Bad battery life

kregstrong

Reaction score
Is anyone else just having crappy luck with battery life, my original battery wouldn't last long at all, so I got the seidio 1750 battery, and I have gps off, wifi off, normal usage, nothing too crazy. And the last few days I can't even make it thru my 10 hour work day, I have the mobile network thing turned off also, any suggestions? I've tried the battery charging trick and it still doesn't help, my battery still drops 8 or 10 percent within the first 30 minutes of unplugging it and not using it, the desk clock thing doesn't help, but if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it, by the way my battery dropped 5 percent while typing this :(

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

cpjr

Reaction score
Battery life is a very well known issue on the incredible, it just sux. There are a few threads already on here about it.

OP
K

kregstrong

Reaction score
Uptime is 21 hours, and awake time is 12 hours.
Wouldn't u think the 1750 battery could make it 10 hours lol? That's sad

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

BzB

Reaction score
check battery use in settings > about phone > battery. that will give you an idea of what's eating up your battery life.

R24D24

Reaction score
I would have to think you have something wrong in your settings somewhere. My battery life is not as good as my moto droid, but it isn't nearly as bad as you are describing.

I used to be able to go a couple days with moderate use of my moto droid, and a day and a half with my Inc easily. If this has occurred with different batteries, the problem is with the phone, either internally, or in your settings would be my guess.

grayfox32

Reaction score
You might have apps running in the background that are constantly going online looking for updates, info, etc.

I suggest use Advanced Task Killer(free) and use Task Manager(free). TM gets some of the tasks that ATM doesn't, as ATM kills apps running in the background that TM misses. You can make exceptions to certain apps if you need that app running. I find the combo of both these apps to work very well. Just add the widget to you home screen or where ever and with two simple hits on the widget the apps are killed.

kitvan

Reaction score
You might have apps running in the background that are constantly going online looking for updates, info, etc.

I suggest use Advanced Task Killer(free) and use Task Manager(free). TM gets some of the tasks that ATM doesn't, as ATM kills apps running in the background that TM misses. You can make exceptions to certain apps if you need that app running. I find the combo of both these apps to work very well. Just add the widget to you home screen or where ever and with two simple hits on the widget the apps are killed.

Yeah, Advanced Task Killer is a great free app. It has helped my battery life out...

solorca

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but it's nearly impossible to figure out what is draining my battery on the Incredible, but no apps every show up in the battery stats. Here is what it looks like today, and this is fairly common (in fact, the dialer and mediaserver aren't usually there, but I did a few things differently today)...

Cell Standby - 35%
Phone Idle - 32%
Android System - 21%
Display - 6%
Dialer - 4%
Voice Calls - 2%

None of this is really useful in determining the actual cause of battery drain. On my Moto Droid I could see specific programs.

With the Idle time and Cell Standby eating up such a large chunk, it makes me think that it is an issue that could be helped tremendously by an update. Those things shouldn't be draining 70% of my battery on a daily basis (I'm at 25% battery life after 11 hours of very light actual phone usage).

shamus

Reaction score
The best battery tip I've found is to do a factory wipe and during the setup only sync gmail. Don't sync any of the HTC stuff.
Then go back and sync your facebook/twitter/etc with the Android versions.
I got 48 hours on my last charge.

BzB

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but it's nearly impossible to figure out what is draining my battery on the Incredible, but no apps every show up in the battery stats. Here is what it looks like today, and this is fairly common (in fact, the dialer and mediaserver aren't usually there, but I did a few things differently today)...

Cell Standby - 35%
Phone Idle - 32%
Android System - 21%
Display - 6%
Dialer - 4%
Voice Calls - 2%

None of this is really useful in determining the actual cause of battery drain. On my Moto Droid I could see specific programs.

With the Idle time and Cell Standby eating up such a large chunk, it makes me think that it is an issue that could be helped tremendously by an update. Those things shouldn't be draining 70% of my battery on a daily basis (I'm at 25% battery life after 11 hours of very light actual phone usage).

that list looks fairly normal although your radio use (cell standby) might be kind of high. depends on how strong a network signal you're getting. in general if the signal strength is 90 or higher then you're getting a weak signal and your phone is using more juice. lower than 90 and you're mostly ok. one suggestion is to leave wifi on whenever it's available. that seems to send the cell into a lower consumption mode.

i have the seidio battery and usually have a good amount of battery left (40% or so) after a 16 hr day of moderate use.