anybody else experience lag?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Not joking and it's not cool nearly getting into an auto accident due to the lag. Phone was mounted and all I went to do was turn the GPS on.

Should I just flash this phone to stock?

Also. "smart actions" are more like "tart actions".... Somehow my home setting is an effing 5 mile radius of my home. Seriously? What if I go to my neighbors. Two miles away? Still locked in home action. Seriously?

aharper

Reaction score
I have lag as well... probably one of the least responsive devices that I've ever had. It will take a couple seconds to unlock to the home screen or may take up to 6 seconds to open handcent for texting. It's frustrating that the device performs so poorly. I have cleared the cache and think I may need to factory reset the device. I hate the idea that I have to manually reinstall and configure all of my apps in the HOPES that my performance may increase... just sucks to spend a couple hours setting everything backup.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I have lag as well... probably one of the least responsive devices that I've ever had. It will take a couple seconds to unlock to the home screen or may take up to 6 seconds to open handcent for texting. It's frustrating that the device performs so poorly. I have cleared the cache and think I may need to factory reset the device. I hate the idea that I have to manually reinstall and configure all of my apps in the HOPES that my performance may increase... just sucks to spend a couple hours setting everything backup.

I know I have brought this up before, but the other day, when I really almost got into an accident, that really was the tipping point for me. I mean, I got this phone thinking it was going to help me, not kill me.

As for the lag, its like you say, the lock screen is ridiculous at times, and the same when opening an app, it can literally take a few seconds, which I wouldnt mind... if the phone was FREE and I wasnt paying the extra money for the "data".

Dont get me wrong, nice looking phone, great display, but at the end of the day, I dont want to end up in the hospital because this phone is making up its mind whether or not to open the freaking GPS.

Also, I know a lot of people experience this, when you hit the home button to get out of what you are doing, you will notice the clock widget take some time to catch up and display the time and etc...

And, I REALLY dread saying this, but if Apple had the smarts, and came out with a phone with a bigger display (4.5" or up) and a 2500 mAH battery like this phone, that would be a major game changer. My wifes iPhone 5 is slick when it comes to navigating, NEVER EVER does it freeze up or lag out.

Hoping there is a fix, I really have no options, I dont see any other Android phones for Verizon.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ZERO lag on my phone. Now I've only had it a week but I have already loaded up my STOCK phone with over 50 apps and a ton of widgets. It still flies.
Yes, the Circles Widget occasionally lags for a second to update the weather. That's fine with me. It doesn't need to update the weather every hour when I am not even looking at the phone.

You ask if you should "FLASH BACK TO STOCK". So does this mean you are Rooted and running a custom ROM? Well I hate to sound like Verizon but, we can't really help since you rooted. lol :D Just a joke.
But rooting the phone, though, and saying it runs like crap isn't really fair. That could easily be an issue with the Rom you are running.

You also don't mention if you have the HD or HD MAXX.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
ZERO lag on my phone. Now I've only had it a week but I have already loaded up my STOCK phone with over 50 apps and a ton of widgets. It still flies.
Yes, the Circles Widget occasionally lags for a second to update the weather. That's fine with me. It doesn't need to update the weather every hour when I am not even looking at the phone.

You ask if you should "FLASH BACK TO STOCK". So does this mean you are Rooted and running a custom ROM? Well I hate to sound like Verizon but, we can't really help since you rooted. lol :D Just a joke.
But rooting the phone, though, and saying it runs like crap isn't really fair. That could easily be an issue with the Rom you are running.

You also don't mention if you have the HD or HD MAXX.

Non rooted HD.

And yes, when I first got the phone, no lag either, in fact, I was in your shoes looking at other posts in regards to this and scratched my head and even posted maybe it was a bad phone.

I think, personally, its just that over the course of 2 1/2 months, I have installed and uninstalled so much stuff, its acting like a PC. I am just going to clean it out, and see if it helps.

Telling you, sometimes I hit the Home button and it goes to main screen, BUT you will notice the circle widget playing "catch up".

I have to also add that the only other "smart device" I had before this, was my iPad2, and maybe I was just used to the smoothness of iOS. Didnt go with an iPhone because never really liked them, too proprietary, too greedy, and other stuff, like screen size, battery, etc., but you will see after a while, what we mean.

Like I said, in my first week, I was in heaven... and last week, due to its lag-tastic behavior as I was putting it GPS mode, it lagged so hard, I nearly ended up in a car accident - NOT cool.

Maybe its just expecting more from it. Again, its just really a phone and texting device for me. Im behind PCs all day, no real need to go on the internet, plus I have a Garmin in my car, thought this would replace it, next time I wont start up the app WHILE driving LOL

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Just a thought since I also have no lag. Did you restore any older apps to the Razr? In the past I have seen incompatible older apps cause odd behavior. Try removing everything and adding them in one at a time. I know it is a pain, but the HD is a great device and should not be lagging at all.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Noticed my circles widget having a lot of redraws the last couple of days. Wiped cache in stock recovery and all is well again.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Noticed my circles widget having a lot of redraws the last couple of days. Wiped cache in stock recovery and all is well again.

How do you wipe the cache?

See what I mean with the circle widget? Thats just for a quick example.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Power the phone down. Hold both volume buttons and then power button. When the recovery screen comes up press volume down to highlight stock recovery, then press and hold both volume buttons for a second. You'll see the Moto logo as if the phone is rebooting. The next screen should be Andy the Android. Hold volume down and tap volume up once. That opens stock recovery. Volume keys to navigate to wipe cache, power key to execute. Then reboot. Hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

Last edited:
OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Power the phone down. Hold both volume buttons and then power button. When the recovery screen comes up press volume down to highlight stock recovery, then press and hold both volume buttons for a second. You'll see the Moto logo as if the phone is rebooting. The next screen should be Andy the Android. Hold volume down and tap volume up once. That opens stock recovery. Volume keys to navigate to wipe cache, power key to execute. Then reboot. Hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

THNX! DId it, didnt really do much to notice anything yet, but thank you, bit of a pain to do this but it is what it is, thank you!