Any way to test backups?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by fallofshadows, Jan 14, 2012.

1. fallofshadows

fallofshadows New Member

Hey folks,

I went and got Team BAMF's clockworkmod recovery port on my phone. The thing is, when I try to make recoveries, it freezes in the middle of it. I'm assuming this means the backups aren't complete/are broken, but is there any way to test that for sure? I'd like to start putting some ROMs on this thing, but I need to know my recovery is stable first.
  2. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Any way to test back up's?

yeah....restore them.
  3. fallofshadows

fallofshadows New Member

Yeah, i figured that much. The thing is, if they are broken, I wouldnt have a way of getting my phone back to stable working order, save for whiping everything. And I don't want to do that...
  4. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

I've seen a lot of people saying that about the cwm port. Try amon ra recovery. I haven't had any issues and haven't heard of people having issues.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  5. fallofshadows

fallofshadows New Member

Thanks, I'll have to give this a shot :D I must say I'm a fan of CWM, but having a stable recovery is much more important than what I prefer :p
  6. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

I know....was just give you hard time. I was having some trouble with CWM until I switched to the touch enabled...now it works perfectly. Give it a shot before you switch.
  7. fallofshadows

fallofshadows New Member

Luckily, I've been too busy playing with Linux to play with my phone. What do you mean "touch enabled?" I've never heard of it before, and if it would save me from having to flash another recovery, that'd be swell.

EDIT: got some free time, searched "Ra Amon for HTC Rezound" on google, found a different recovery that works. Nandroid has been made, now it's time to play the waiting game for ICS :D I don't see a point in flashing other roms right now, I've already uninstalled most of the bloat.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
Search tags for this page

cwm freeze backup