Any iPhone deserters out there?

Mad1ben2

Reaction score
I had the original iphone, then the iphone3. my 2 yrs was up right as the iphone4 was coming out so I pre-ordered and was one of the first to get it. I honestly never thought I'd switch from an iphone... period. I loved the functionality so much that I had learned to accept that making a phone call on it was hit or miss (ATT service horrible in my area) but I loved everything else it gave me...

I went on vacation with 2 brothers that had the droid 1 and that was when I realized I could have all the cool functions I get with the iphone (and more customization without having to jailbreak!) AND I could use it as a phone!!! So I returned the iP4 within the 30 day window, bought the DroidX and have been super happy ever since!

Don't see myself ever going back to iphone now... Android is catching up and will pass up iOS soon and there are just too many options with android phones to ever be tied to just the latest iphone (locked down)...

I love my droid... and happy to be back with verizon!

Kungfutrip

Reaction score
I had an iphone 3g for almost 2 years before switching to the droid x and I couldn't be happier! Love Android compared to iOS.

My issues with the iphone were pretty much all the standard obvious ones - Apple telling me what I could run on my phone, lack of basic customizations, no widgets, AT&T dropping calls, oh and of course itunes. Gotta love not having itunes installed.

I do have to say that in my opinion, Motorola's version of Android is less than polished. I also think it's ridiculous that the Droid X comes with bloatware. Thank god for rooting.

OP
T

TwinsDad

Reaction score
i need to learn how to root. I think ill try that in the morning.

John Z

Reaction score
ive had the first iphone, 3g and 3gs, i was going to get the 4 but i couldnt deal with ATT anymore.

i do miss my old iphone but i find the android OS out of the box is able to do alot, just that its alittle buggy. the iphone was more smooth or "polished" as i see people throw around often. but only way ill go back to the iphone is if i can use it on verizon.

Sectime

Reaction score
I had a 3GS really like how the phone fit into my Mac World. I know most things can be done in Android, but I'm just a user, not an IT guy. AT&T data speeds, 3 to 4 meg down average vs Verizon 500k to 800k average. and voice at the same time +1. Verizon coverage in my area +.5 since AT&T got most of Alltel and that will really make difference. OS "polish" no contest. Using WiFi on my Droid X -10, stays connected for about 3 to 15 minutes. I really hoped 2.2 would fix this. using Mobile Hot Spot and Ipad, Touch, Laptop -1.0 keeps disconnecting. 2.2 did fix speakerphone and ringer volume +1.
I cancelled the HotSpot service before 2.2 dropped. I haven't seen any posts if this is fixed. Bugs like screen brightness changing, Keyboard on landscape sucks when trying to fill in passwords etc. The screens, both are great. 4.3 oh yea. So I have just picked up an Iphone 4, to test drive, I'm really going to use the 30 days and decide.
You get Iphone haters Here, Droid haters There, neither side makes sense to me.

MrSinister1

Reaction score
I never made the switch because I was never an iphone owner mainly because I've always been so happy with verizon not wanting to switch to AT&T but I've always thought the iphone was the end all be all in the smartphone world until I bought my first android phone(the OG droid) and man was i wrong I love it soooo much and I'm glad I never made the switch and now I own a droid X. I know people are saying that android is a little buggy but the customization and benefits far outway the negatives IMO and I love all the custom ROMS, themes, etc. etc. We also need to remember that the android OS is still fairly early in the process and its only going to get better especially with the growth their having and we all know based on the other products google puts out they aren't afraid to spend $ and they seem to really go all in. But its great to have another one converted and welcome to the community Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones: Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Incredible and Droid Eris is an absolute awesome place to be and you'll love it here. Welcome

abe7333

Reaction score
I just made the switch and wanted to know how others felt after they did so.

I had a iphone for 3 years. From 2g to 3gs and and first I was skeptical. But once you figure android out you will be amazed how much you can do. Its crazy. I switched and I couldn't be happier.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

xl1

Reaction score
Iphone user for the last 3 years ,love the OS but android kick ass!!!!The king is dead long live to the king