1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any iPhone deserters out there?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by TwinsDad, Sep 29, 2010.

1. TwinsDad

TwinsDad New Member

I just made the switch and wanted to know how others felt after they did so.
  2. netsec

netsec New Member

I had a 3g.. sold it on ebay. Almost got the iphone 4 till the antennae issue came out. I ended up getting the X. Happy ever since. Plus verizon is Wayyyyy more stable than at&t ever was for me
  3. TwinsDad

TwinsDad New Member

I have found it to be faster and more stable, but im having a hard time loving the OS.
  4. netsec

netsec New Member

I like the OS. The battery life was my only complaint, but until battery tech improves..
  5. 04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s New Member

Hated the Damn Iphone..Moto Droid til God knows When:) Had it for 2 weeks and almost thru it at the wall.
  6. TwinsDad

TwinsDad New Member

I just dont like how it pulls in all your information from your gmail account. then I have to go in and clean it all up.
  7. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang Theme Developer Premium Member

I had an Iphone 2g, and a 3GS, both were nice phones, but the android OS is on a different level. Im an IT Professional and I love the functionality of Android over iOS anyday. Although, hardware issues aside, the iPhone 4 is a pretty nice device.
  8. TwinsDad

TwinsDad New Member

I guess I need to figure out how to mod my DX and maybe ill like it better.
  9. Juicemane

Honestly, if you're not happy with the phone stock, chances are modding isnt going to change your mind much. With modding, the majority of things you can do arnt really upfront in your face changes (other then themes/boot animations). Im guessing you miss the Polish from iOS... Its 2 different worlds, Android adds functionality at the sacrifice of Polish, whereas iOS is all polish with less functionality.

Then again, you have a TV in your pocket, whats not to love. 4.3" of goodness... mmmm
  10. yourhero88

yourhero88 New Member

I went from iPhone 3g to Droid 1, and was pretty happy with the change, however I am considering switching back for iPhone 4.

I enjoy the freedom of android, but I think the OS is still fragmented and buggy, and it's tiresome keeping up with roms just to make my hardware perform admirably.

Say what you will about Apple, but they know how to put out a clean product.
  11. TwinsDad

TwinsDad New Member

I have only had the DX for 1 day now so, its still a learning curve. I dont hate it its just different. Ive been using apple products for the last 10 or so years.
  12. Juicemane

Yea I understand. Its definitely a step learning curve switching to Android. Once you take the time to learn it though, its a much more powerful and feature rich OS. That is, assuming you want to take the time to learn it. For the average user iOS is much easier out of the box. Thats why its such a popular format.
  13. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

I had the iPhone 3GS for 7 months.

The first two months I loved the phone and the apps, but then the honeymoon phase ended...

By the time the 6th month of ownership came around I swore that I would buy the next Android phone that was released on Sprint or Verizon. Out came the original Droid. *Bam !* The next thing you know... Bob's your uncle.

As a side note:

A true hero died last weekend. My dog dragged his blanket over the coffee table and knocked over a glass of water onto my Droid. My dog is alive, but the Droid didn't make it. Amazingly enough it didn't trip my water sensors. My phone just went into boot-loops.

I should have a new one in the mail today! I can't WAIT!!!!
  14. Juicemane

That sucks, atleast you got lucky :)
  15. B.Wallace85

B.Wallace85 New Member

Verizon doesn't cover water damage?
  16. Mad1ben2

Mad1ben2 New Member

I had the original iphone, then the iphone3. my 2 yrs was up right as the iphone4 was coming out so I pre-ordered and was one of the first to get it. I honestly never thought I'd switch from an iphone... period. I loved the functionality so much that I had learned to accept that making a phone call on it was hit or miss (ATT service horrible in my area) but I loved everything else it gave me...

I went on vacation with 2 brothers that had the droid 1 and that was when I realized I could have all the cool functions I get with the iphone (and more customization without having to jailbreak!) AND I could use it as a phone!!! So I returned the iP4 within the 30 day window, bought the DroidX and have been super happy ever since!

Don't see myself ever going back to iphone now... Android is catching up and will pass up iOS soon and there are just too many options with android phones to ever be tied to just the latest iphone (locked down)...

I love my droid... and happy to be back with verizon!
  17. Kungfutrip

Kungfutrip New Member

I had an iphone 3g for almost 2 years before switching to the droid x and I couldn't be happier! Love Android compared to iOS.

My issues with the iphone were pretty much all the standard obvious ones - Apple telling me what I could run on my phone, lack of basic customizations, no widgets, AT&T dropping calls, oh and of course itunes. Gotta love not having itunes installed.

I do have to say that in my opinion, Motorola's version of Android is less than polished. I also think it's ridiculous that the Droid X comes with bloatware. Thank god for rooting.
  18. TwinsDad

TwinsDad New Member

i need to learn how to root. I think ill try that in the morning.
  19. John Z

John Z New Member

ive had the first iphone, 3g and 3gs, i was going to get the 4 but i couldnt deal with ATT anymore.

i do miss my old iphone but i find the android OS out of the box is able to do alot, just that its alittle buggy. the iphone was more smooth or "polished" as i see people throw around often. but only way ill go back to the iphone is if i can use it on verizon.
  20. Sectime

Sectime New Member

I had a 3GS really like how the phone fit into my Mac World. I know most things can be done in Android, but I'm just a user, not an IT guy. AT&T data speeds, 3 to 4 meg down average vs Verizon 500k to 800k average. and voice at the same time +1. Verizon coverage in my area +.5 since AT&T got most of Alltel and that will really make difference. OS "polish" no contest. Using WiFi on my Droid X -10, stays connected for about 3 to 15 minutes. I really hoped 2.2 would fix this. using Mobile Hot Spot and Ipad, Touch, Laptop -1.0 keeps disconnecting. 2.2 did fix speakerphone and ringer volume +1.
    I cancelled the HotSpot service before 2.2 dropped. I haven't seen any posts if this is fixed. Bugs like screen brightness changing, Keyboard on landscape sucks when trying to fill in passwords etc. The screens, both are great. 4.3 oh yea. So I have just picked up an Iphone 4, to test drive, I'm really going to use the 30 days and decide.
    You get Iphone haters Here, Droid haters There, neither side makes sense to me.