Any iPhone deserters out there?

TwinsDad

Reaction score
I just made the switch and wanted to know how others felt after they did so.

netsec

Reaction score
I had a 3g.. sold it on ebay. Almost got the iphone 4 till the antennae issue came out. I ended up getting the X. Happy ever since. Plus verizon is Wayyyyy more stable than at&t ever was for me

OP
T

TwinsDad

Reaction score
I have found it to be faster and more stable, but im having a hard time loving the OS.

netsec

Reaction score
I like the OS. The battery life was my only complaint, but until battery tech improves..

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Hated the Damn Iphone..Moto Droid til God knows When:) Had it for 2 weeks and almost thru it at the wall.

OP
T

TwinsDad

Reaction score
I just dont like how it pulls in all your information from your gmail account. then I have to go in and clean it all up.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I had an Iphone 2g, and a 3GS, both were nice phones, but the android OS is on a different level. Im an IT Professional and I love the functionality of Android over iOS anyday. Although, hardware issues aside, the iPhone 4 is a pretty nice device.

OP
T

TwinsDad

Reaction score
I guess I need to figure out how to mod my DX and maybe ill like it better.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I guess I need to figure out how to mod my DX and maybe ill like it better.

Honestly, if you're not happy with the phone stock, chances are modding isnt going to change your mind much. With modding, the majority of things you can do arnt really upfront in your face changes (other then themes/boot animations). Im guessing you miss the Polish from iOS... Its 2 different worlds, Android adds functionality at the sacrifice of Polish, whereas iOS is all polish with less functionality.

Then again, you have a TV in your pocket, whats not to love. 4.3" of goodness... mmmm

yourhero88

Reaction score
I went from iPhone 3g to Droid 1, and was pretty happy with the change, however I am considering switching back for iPhone 4.

I enjoy the freedom of android, but I think the OS is still fragmented and buggy, and it's tiresome keeping up with roms just to make my hardware perform admirably.

Say what you will about Apple, but they know how to put out a clean product.

OP
T

TwinsDad

Reaction score
I have only had the DX for 1 day now so, its still a learning curve. I dont hate it its just different. Ive been using apple products for the last 10 or so years.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have only had the DX for 1 day now so, its still a learning curve. I dont hate it its just different. Ive been using apple products for the last 10 or so years.

Yea I understand. Its definitely a step learning curve switching to Android. Once you take the time to learn it though, its a much more powerful and feature rich OS. That is, assuming you want to take the time to learn it. For the average user iOS is much easier out of the box. Thats why its such a popular format.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I had the iPhone 3GS for 7 months.

The first two months I loved the phone and the apps, but then the honeymoon phase ended...

By the time the 6th month of ownership came around I swore that I would buy the next Android phone that was released on Sprint or Verizon. Out came the original Droid. *Bam !* The next thing you know... Bob's your uncle.

As a side note:

A true hero died last weekend. My dog dragged his blanket over the coffee table and knocked over a glass of water onto my Droid. My dog is alive, but the Droid didn't make it. Amazingly enough it didn't trip my water sensors. My phone just went into boot-loops.

I should have a new one in the mail today! I can't WAIT!!!!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

The first two months I loved the phone and the apps, but then the honeymoon phase ended...

By the time the 6th month of ownership came around I swore that I would buy the next Android phone that was released on Sprint or Verizon. Out came the original Droid. *Bam !* The next thing you know... Bob's your uncle.

As a side note:

A true hero died last weekend. My dog dragged his blanket over the coffee table and knocked over a glass of water onto my Droid. My dog is alive, but the Droid didn't make it. Amazingly enough it didn't trip my water sensors. My phone just went into boot-loops.

That sucks, atleast you got lucky :)

B.Wallace85

Reaction score

As a side note:

Verizon doesn't cover water damage?