LauncherPro?

iHad a G1

Reaction score
Soooo, I installed launcherPro today, simply out of curiosity and what I got nearly made me cry. It is so simple and beautiful and makes my droid x not feel like a cupcake fairy princess running sense.

Question 1 - Are you using LauncherPro and are you as happy as me?

Question 2 - My battery life seems better, a side effect of LauncherPro?

Question 3 - Is it wrong that my phone is sexier than my wife's iPhone 4?

Question 4 - I just felt like making an even number...

Last edited by a moderator:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Soooo, I installed launcherPro today, simply out of curiosity and what I got nearly made me cry. It is so simple and beautiful and makes my droid x not feel like a cupcake fairy princess running sense.

Question 1 - Are you using LauncherPro and are you as happy as me?
used it for a while but its really your preference - right now im on ADW launcher. who knows, might go back to LP in a while

Question 2 - My battery life seems better, a side effect of LauncherPro?

idk about that but maybe

Question 3 - Is it wrong that my phone is sexier than my wife's iPhone 4?

even the stock home is :)

Question 4 - I just felt like making an even number...

We all have some kind of OCD lol

dumb10char

iclickjohn

Reaction score
I just sold my droid on ebay. In an email told the buyer, be SURE to load Launcher Pro. At the same time the question rolled through my mind, yes? Launcher Pro on the X?? And then I remembered that it already had the five screens. So you are finding it still to be better? And have you gone back to stock to verify? I also found as suggested to take off all of the icons i.e. drag them to the trash on the stock home screen prior to loading up and using Launcher Pro. especially widgets. I did not test or confirm performance differences.

tktouch12

Reaction score
Yes. It is god. I love it. It is literally perfect. Nothing comes close

RobStemen

Reaction score
I'm an ADW man myself. I doubt its actually giving you better battery life. The Droid is always better than iAnything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

psand

Reaction score
I downloaded launcher pro and tried it out.

I don't really get why everybody is so hot about this. What does it do for you that you don't get without it?

Droidfish

Reaction score
I stop short of calling it god, but I do love the 5 column app drawer option as well as the scrolling customizable dock letting you place up to 15 shortcuts on the dock as opposed to the stock 2 that are chosen for you, and then the ability to easily apply the icons of your choosing to the dock shortcuts. All in all I just like the customability of the dock, but there are other perks too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ChugIt

Reaction score
I downloaded launcher pro and tried it out.

I don't really get why everybody is so hot about this. What does it do for you that you don't get without it?

For me, more than having extra home screens I like LauncherPro because I can set 3 docks. I got rid of using my drawer altogether. I changed the drawer launch icon to my flashlight because I check on my sleeping kids throughout the night. With 3 docks and loop scrolling I have 15 extra shortcuts on the right at all times, and nice n' neat too! You surely can't do that with the stock launcher.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i like LP+ even better - it seems snappier than the beta version. it's worth the 4 bucks! but, you have to dl directly from the dev'r @ launcherpro.com.

i heard some great things about ADW, and i've been running it for over a week. i think i'm going back to LP+ tho...

Droooiiid

Reaction score
tried LP for a while and found more joy with ADW.

ADW for the win right now.......but I might end up switching back because of boredom. Who knows right?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Home Switcher app from Mkt makes it easy to switch between launchers...

LunaImages

Reaction score
LP. Seriously. The amount of customization it gives the user is far superior to the stock interface. Not to mention the fluidity of LP can't be matched by stock. I simply love it.

My only question is-- how will Froyo compare to 2.1? Will we still love/need LP as much as we do now?

Last edited by a moderator: