Any extended battery reviews?

Qui3tStorm

Reaction score
Quite a few users over on Phandroid love the 4000+ mah batteries found on Amazon for $15-25 .. I see Seidio is releasing theirs soon for $70 range. All claim to keep NFC. With all that said does anyone have any experience with these items or anything related ?

kimsj756

Reaction score
I used qcell one for a week and battery life literally doubled. I used it with my gps with Max brightness from NY to VA last weekend which takes about 8 hours and my phone survived throughout the trip. But I didn't like How thick it becomes so chose to go back to regular one and use the extended one for a long trip or something.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung GS3

OP
Q

Qui3tStorm

Reaction score
Thats what I like to hear, I was just weary about a 20-25 dollar battery when Seidio charges triple that for their's... How was the quality of the unit, back plate an all?

kimsj756

Reaction score
Overall its good. Actually it becomes even more comfortable in your hand Because it becomes thicker. Back plate comes With dark Blue and white both so You can choose.

No.Division

Reaction score
Overall its good. Actually it becomes even more comfortable in your hand Because it becomes thicker. Back plate comes With dark Blue and white both so You can choose.

Do you know of any cases that will fit? ie: Trident Aegis, Otterbox or the like? Really thinking of getting an extended battery, but only if the phone will fit in a case. I'm clumsy! Lol.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Do you know of any cases that will fit? ie: Trident Aegis, Otterbox or the like? Really thinking of getting an extended battery, but only if the phone will fit in a case. I'm clumsy! Lol.

The third-party extended batteries make the S3 far too thick for any of the standard cases out there. The only case that I'm aware of that will fit the S3 with one of the large extended batteries is this one made by Hyperion. The description says it should work with the extended battery and cover from nearly all of the third-party battery manufacturers.

No.Division

Reaction score
The third-party extended batteries make the S3 far too thick for any of the standard cases out there. The only case that I'm aware of that will fit the S3 with one of the large extended batteries is this one made by Hyperion. The description says it should work with the extended battery and cover from nearly all of the third-party battery manufacturers.

Thanks for the quick reply. While I'm not too fond of TPU caes, I may just have to bite the bullet and buy it... as I'm also not fond of horrible battery life. Haha!

kimsj756

Reaction score
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S III Extended Battery HoneyComb TPU Case Black (Hyperion Retail Packaging) **Compatible with ALL Hyperion, Qcell, Onite, Anker, and most Generic Galaxy S3 Extended Battery Models**: Cell Phones & Accessories

This is what I got. Honestly, it fits perfectly in size, but there's a problem. Volume button and lock button parts are covered and it's kinda hard to press it. Thankfully, my mother in law, who got a pink one, cut those parts with scissors and it worked just fine for me. Hope this helps.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
And here are two more extended battery TPU cases that claim to fit with pretty much all of the third-party extended batteries - Blue, White. These are made by QCell. They don't look quite as nice as the Hyperion case, but they're a little cheaper and qualify for Amazon Prime.

No.Division

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
And here are two more extended battery TPU cases that claim to fit with pretty much all of the third-party extended batteries - Blue, White. These are made by QCell. They don't look quite as nice as the Hyperion case, but they're a little cheaper and qualify for Amazon Prime.

You're right. The Hyperion case is nicer. Thanks!

1991noway

I got this 4500mAh Extended Battery and a white cover case for $32.7.dancedroid

I think it's Worthy.What do you think of it?Do you have better choice?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
how long are these 4000+ lasting?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk