Anti-Virus apps

Labrat555

Reaction score
I was just curious as to what percentage of users actually have this on their phones and if so, which do you recommend? Thanks for the input.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If they don't they should. Recent reports on sneaky malware, even from the Google Store are getting more frequent. I like Lookout because of some of the features but I have used AVG (free) and the AVG seems to put less pressure on the performance.

One of the things about AVG that I wish Lookout would do is provide a notification, (progress report of sorts), when it does a scan - for instance of a new app install. At least I could tell when AVG was done not so with Lookout. Recent reviews had AVAST looking really good.

Better safe than sorry!

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
I use Avast Mobile Security.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Don't download from untrusted sites and you minimize that risk...

Noted 2x- beta testing

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I used to run Lookout in my old OG Droid but it seemed to slow things down and it never reported anything. I used the remote alarm feature but it only worked once.
I've have two other Moto devices and now a Samsung and I've never run into any malware maybe I'm lucky.

laurenjones93

Reaction score
Using AVG with no problems. And clean master for cache and memory just cause its soooo simple

laurenjones93

Reaction score
I used to used lookout or avast? Cant remember which one (maybe both) and they were alright. But the constant notification drove me nuts. OCD thing. Lol

srvctec

Reaction score
Don't download from untrusted sites and you minimize that risk...

Noted 2x- beta testing

Exactly. I follow this rule without fault. The only thing that may be of concern would be an app on Google Play or Amazon that is malware and it slipped through whatever verification processes they have in place. I remember a year or two ago when Play had several bad apps that were malware. I always check reviews and also how many downloads on each app. If the reviews are bad or there are very few downloads, I won't even try an app because it may be some new developer trying to make his mark by creating havoc.

I don't have one installed on my Note 2 and never did on my Droid X2 the year and a half I had it, but just may after reading the ratings on this go-to site for anti-virus ratings for computers and mobile devices. There looks to be quite a few that don't impact the operation of the device, but do a great job of catching malware. AV-TEST ratings

Last edited: