Another Tweet!!!!

EricRN

Reaction score
mrweeeedbirdman

Evil efuse is confirmed not active, we just have the same protection as u milestone

omnicious

Reaction score
Well...that's good news. If I remember correctly isn't the Milestone already rooted?

Guchi

Reaction score
Well...that's good news. If I remember correctly isn't the Milestone already rooted?

I dont know if already is real the word... its been out the better part of a year

omnicious

Reaction score
Well I'm just wondering if the same method used to root the Milestone can be used here on the Droid X.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
to answer a question, and kind of settle it..the root method used for the milestone was through an update.zip exploit. It was patched a long time ago and is not available on the droid X. So the milestone progress pretty much leaves us with nil.

OP
EricRN

EricRN

Reaction score
At least there was Milestone progress, I believe the X will be modded soon enough.

mike919

Reaction score
to answer a question, and kind of settle it..the root method used for the milestone was through an update.zip exploit. It was patched a long time ago and is not available on the droid X. So the milestone progress pretty much leaves us with nil.

Hopefully the software update being planned for the DroidX this week will have an exploit...

Kinda funny how they made an update available soo soon after release... (they WANT it rooted maybe???) I doubt it, but I can't remember the last phone put out there to have a software update 4 days after release......

mike919

Reaction score
Also, root would be great... but cracking that bootloader would be even better... gonna take a WHILE.

omnicious

Reaction score

Hopefully the software update being planned for the DroidX this week will have an exploit...

Kinda funny how they made an update available soo soon after release... (they WANT it rooted maybe???) I doubt it, but I can't remember the last phone put out there to have a software update 4 days after release......
That would be the best possible outcome but they could just as easily be patching up any exploits that might have been there or just locking it down even more. Right now though the worst outcome with the greatest chance of happening is them locking down the BT tethering.

silentkil

Reaction score
what's the difference between unlocking the bootloader and rooting the phone?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bootloader needs to be cracked in order to flash ROMs and recoveries....

OP
EricRN

EricRN

Reaction score
Correct, its a big deal for a tone of people. I wish I new how to do it!