Root has arrived for Droid X

bastosero

Reaction score
will wireless tether work? i really don't care about all of the different rom's. to be honest it's become more of a nuisance than anything.

I believe you would need to use a different kernel for that. I don't know if the current Droid X kernel could be manipulated to use wireless tethering though.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
I'll have to try it on my laptop to see if it works. I don't really have a use for tethering but I like to think that it works if it's ever needed.

bd1212

Reaction score
+1 on that, I see no reason to root at this time.[/QUOTE

Really? How about:

Full file system access
Remove phone bloatware
Mobile Defense as system app
Titanium Backup
Autokiller (tune Android memory management)
Autostarts (one of the few market apps that REALLY prevents system apps from starting)
Drocap

Seems like plenty of great reasons to me. :icon_ banana:
What about wireless tether? :icon_ banana:

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Doesn't it help to have access to the phones file system to try & figure out how to unlock the bootloader ?

sroach23

Reaction score
the Chinese managed to hack Google. maybe we can get them to hack Motorola for the files needed to unlock the bootloader.

nerdkill

Reaction score
i think the chinese had a little more to gain than we do :wink:

the Chinese managed to hack Google. maybe we can get them to hack Motorola for the files needed to unlock the bootloader.

LatinaC09

Reaction score
This news make me really happy even when I dont have a dx and Im not planning to get one , but I enjoy a lot the punch in the face given to motorola by this clever boys. I will never understand why this corporate people act so stupid ,is like to sale a computer with windows and with no administrator rights because at the end this is what a droid is, a small computer with a radio to make and receive calls
I think this is done on purpose because it's a selling point. If people can hack/root their phones then that's just more of a reason for them to buy these devices. In the end, Motorola still collects their $$$ regardless of whether or not people root. But I enjoy the fact that droids can be rooted lol it's a plus for me!

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Updated OP:

Update 7/23 @4:31PM EST: Before rooting, you must consult the "Utlimate Wrong Doings" list. If not, you will brick your device. And we are not responsible for bricked Droid X's.

The users. First off I want to make this very clear, I am not responsible for anything nor is droidxforums for any damages done to devices due to root, since it was up to the user to make the decisions they make. Thank you, please continue to read.

1. First off I am posting this for reasons that were obvioulsy not too obvious.
wink.png

2. If you chose to delete anything other than something that can be downloaded from the market, YOU took that risk. You have potentially just bricked your device.

3. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING THAT HAS "BLUR" IN ITS FILE NAME.

4. DO NOT try to flash a custom recovery via Rom Manager then wonder why your phone is stuck with a cool new Motorola logo.

5. This thread will be updated very frequently, before posting questions and what not, just post your problem, no questions please, I will be using this to help as many of you as possible.

6. Most importantly do not mess with the framework right now, there is many $600 papers weights laying around now.

7. DO NOT TOUCH BACK UP ASSISTANCE UNLESS ITS WINDY IN YOUR HOUSE OR OFFICE AND YOU NEED A PAPER WEIGHT.

Read more information here: The ultimate wrong doings of...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL (ok, I feel bad for the brickers) as soon as I saw it was rooted I thought someone is going to delete something they shouldn't and have no recourse.