[New] Motorola responds to Droid X rumors, promises eFuse won't destroy phone

romeov

Reaction score
Anything can be hacked, ANYthing.

The question is the amount of time, and if it's worth it, if not.. it won't be. If so, someone will keep working until it's cracked, and rooted. of course by then no one may care.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Of course, if the root/hack attempt fails this means you need the software to install the valid rom plus the valid rom software itself too. Without those in hand you still would need to return your phone for some fixing. With the droid 2 not far off the hackability of the droid x may not be all that high. Of course the droid 2 most likely will be just as hard to hack. So...meanwhile we sit back and let the hackers do what they do best. Here's wishing them some heapin' amounts of good luck.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in to gloat a little. I just noticed an app in the market, it easily roots your phone, and it works on droid x. :) logged on here to see it on the home page, its a good day

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in to gloat a little. I just noticed an app in the market, it easily roots your phone, and it works on droid x. :) logged on here to see it on the home page, its a good day

but root is not all that's needed here. Root is one thing, but then people remove system files ( i know of 4) then the phone won't boot. Guess what happens when thy find no sbf files and a locked boot loader :icon_eek:. Can you say BRICK......back to moto for re flashing since even VZW does not have the software in their stores.

So I ask what good is efuse being "open to approved software" if we aren't past to locked boot loader