Another New MR2 Radio Leaks for the HTC Thunderbolt

sslbaron

Reaction score
Do we need to have the MR2 (2.0) before we upgrade to 2.5 or can we just go with the 2.5?

KennyBerndt

Reaction score
I flashed the new MR2 and BAMF GB 2.0. Send to be working great, but I keep getting two failure notices. One for com.htc.bg, and the other I will have to wait for it to poo back up to get it exactly. Something about google framework.

EDIT - so the first notice I get is the application Google services framework (process com.google.process gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Then
The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I just updated from froyo DAS BAMF Remix 1.6.3 to the MR2 radio and DAS BAMF GingerREMIX v2.0 Beta #6, and this started happening. I tried flashing to the new MR2 leak to see if that would help, and no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jirwin1980

Reaction score
How do I get these leaked updates?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jirwin1980

Reaction score
Can I get it if I'm not rooted yet?

Dugall12

Reaction score
I was using the MR2.5 radio on EatonRom 1.5.1b and experienced data drop outs like I did before the OTA MR1 update on stock. I Reverted back to MR2 radio while still using the EatonRom and so far no data drop outs.

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
I was using the MR2.5 radio on EatonRom 1.5.1b and experienced data drop outs like I did before the OTA MR1 update on stock. I Reverted back to MR2 radio while still using the EatonRom and so far no data drop outs.

I'm going to keep an eye out for this. I went right to MR2.5 this afternoon & so far so good.

doomedromance

Reaction score
Do I need to be on a gingerbread ROM to flash this?

SimpDogg

Good question. I'm on BAMF REM 1.6.3 and considering switching to the BAMF GB. Is that necessary to get the new radio?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Via Droid-life
Reason this radio will only work on Gingerbread ROMs (via humungus):
The leaked radio for the new Froyo OTA uses the new RIL, which was previously incorporated into the GB leak but not in the older Froyo releases. Thus, it works on the current GB roms but not on Froyo roms.

With that said, I have not had a single reboot in the 2 weeks I've been using the MR2 radio and Flyweight

electric6

Reaction score
My phone is stock, i had it rooted, unrooted after seeing the mr2. Flashed MR2, then I log on here and see this! lol. So being unrooted with full MR2 RUU, is this considered an upgrade over what I have now? Could I flash it? Or is it only for rooted users? Also is there a root available for stock MR2 users like myself, or are all methods strictly for MR1? Twenty questions almost!

npro1464

Reaction score
I just upgraded to gb (BAMF) and I flashed the MR2 radio. I'm considering switching to this one, wonder what everyone here is experiencing with this radio? I noticed on MR2, I only have 2-3 bars of 4g and also getting stuck on 3g, when I used to have full bars of 4g in my area.