Exclusive: HTC Thunderbolt MR2 Update (1.66.605.2)

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
From Chingy and TeamAndIRC comes Maintenance Release 2 for the HTC Thunderbolt. The OTA update should be hitting stock phones on June 15th, but today we have some early treats.
The major improvements brought about by MR2:

• Fixes random reboots
  • Improves GPS locking
  • Improves signal strength
  • Add 3G/LTE toggle in settings
  • And more…
First up, the full, signed RUU. This is for you developers and stock users who wish to get the update early. Be warned, however, as this will wipe data if installed. Also, installing this over a rooted phone WILL brick it.
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! – 1239f430324f4fb3249ba3dfd3704ad7 – DO NOT INSTALL ON A ROOTED PHONE

For rooted users, the custom ROMs:
The Perfect Storm v1.5 by Chingy51o – download and support available at theMikMik.com • View topic - Download Links
This is the first and most developed ROM based on this update, including power widgets in the notification pull-down, custom theming, and much, much more.
Flyweight by b16 and birdman, courtesy of Rootzwiki – download and support available at http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?176-Flyweight-Final-by-b16-and-birdman&p=1759
This ROM is specifically de-bloated for the lightweight ROM user. It is fast, stable, and well tested. Enjoy and feel free to use this as a base for other ROMs.
PlainJane v3 by TeamAndIRC, courtesy of Rootzwiki – download and support available at http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?175-ROM-Plain-Jane-1.66.605.6-(aka-MR2-OTA2-v3)-6-9-2011&p=1758
An almost untouched ROM, for those that want a stock experience but need root. Root and BusyBox are included, along with all the standard Verizon bloat. Again, feel free to use this as a base for other ROMs.

Source: Android Police/Roots Wiki

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those tired of random reboots and want to keep your tbolt should try this, especially if you stock. Kudos to chingy and his crew, the person who leaked it, and wozzy for posting.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sticking thread for the time being.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
THANKS PC747 FOR STICKING AN HAPPY TO POST HERE .....JUST SHARING THE LOVE IN THE COMMUNITY

This Thread had been Struck By WoZzY's ThunderBolt

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
[RUU][Radio] MR2 HTC ota leak 1.66.605.2

Credits in link.
Source: androidpolice
Eta for this ota: June 15 th

Tired of your reboots and want better battery life...flash through hboot. Root not required so even stock users can update

This is the leak for HTC froyo ota. I believe this radio works with gb roms as well. Will not work with previous froyo roms. If u are not rooted no need to worry as u will be flashing full release.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...2-links-to-stock-unrooted-custom-rooted-roms/

If u are rooted don't flash the full release but the b16 links below in the link above.

Now the only excuse for whining about your phone is "im too lazy to learn how to flash a radio".

All you need to do is rename the download to pg05img.zip and place on root of sdcard. Power off...hold down volume while powering on..press power button once in hboot...press volume up to accept update...once done power button to reboot. Viola done! Make sure u have more than 70% battery before applying this. Do not power off during update or u will have a brick.

This will wipe ur current setup.

Not responsible for your phone as always but I did this this morning and no issues.

ridin the lightning

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
threads merged...............

DJStormX

Reaction score
Im on stock software that first came with the phone (no OTA after hearing about random reboots). Do i need to update to the latest OTA and then flash this or is safe to just flash over the older stock software? THanks!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Im on stock software that first came with the phone (no OTA after hearing about random reboots). Do i need to update to the latest OTA and then flash this or is safe to just flash over the older stock software? THanks!
Just load up the ruu it will update you to current mr2 radio.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I'm confused

Why is this in the Thunderbolt hacks sub forum, when rooted users can't even install this update without bricking their phones?

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is for developers to use just sharing

WavelandAve

Reaction score
Many thanks for this!! Quick question, I don't have 4G yet. Should I set it on CDMA only for now?

Sent from my Thunderbolt