[Radio] [Leak] [7-17-11]2.xx.xxx.x Radio New Gingerbread RUU

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[Radio] [Leak] [7-17-11]2.xx.xxx.x Radio Updated 7-20-11 11:39pm

[Radio] [Leak] [7-17-11]2.xx.xxx.x Radio New Gingerbread RUU
This is the Radio pulled from the NEW Gingerbread RUU i have that in Gingeritis is 2.xx.xxx.x.

The Radio versions are: 1.46.00.0704w_2, 0.01.76.0703_2r

AD:FLY:
Downloads

I UPLOADED THIS FILE TO MY MEGAUPLOAD ACCOUNT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DONT LIKE AD FLY I AM WITH YOU SO BELOW IS THE MEGA UPLOAD D/L LINK

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Instructions:

1. Download and rename to PG05IMG.zip
2. Place on root of SD card
3. Flash from hboot

Enjoy!

This Radio will only work on Gingerbread and Froyo Roms based on the MR2

DO NOT POST THIS ON XDA =)​
A BIG THANKS TO chingy51o OVER @ ROOTZWIKI

Also these are some user reviews from people over @ rootzWiki

"
4G lock on this radio seems to be better than the official mr2 radio. 4g service seems faster. Thanks chingy. P.s. I have only heard of a chance of bricking if your retarded. So ask yourself. Am I retarded? If yes, dl and install this radio. If no, dl and install this radio. I have installed all the radios and my phone is fine. Stop being a poonany"

"I am just adding my un-scientific .02 for what's its worth. I typically have 1-2 bars with 4G on any prior radio and rom. I installed this leak today and now I am averaging 2-3 bars of 4G. It seems to work fine with the rooted OTA MR2 ruu leak and gingeritis v1.2"

"I will say this..signal strength looks to be better :)"

"originally posted this on androidforums.com

Preliminary thoughts after running it for a couple hours...

WiFi/3G hand offs were instantaneous. 3G to 4G was quicker than I noticed on 0627

GPS picked up my location in a very rural area, not by any main roads, while driving in about 2 seconds. Turn by turn directions back to my house popped up in roughly 4 seconds.

Battery life still seemed poor. Turned on 4G for about 20 minutes to test hand offs with 75% battery. After checking Twitter for a few minutes, doing the GPS test and checking a few emails I was down to 62%. Granted, I was not in a strong 4G area and was frequently bouncing back to 3G so that more than likely played a role in the battery loss.

All in all this new radio seems solid. My first instinct is to say that it's better than the 0627 radio, but it will take a few days to really make that assumption"

craigboy

Reaction score
How's the performance? I went from stock to the 2.5 radio and have never switched since I've had pretty good luck with it

Reaction score
Ok I'm all new to this so please forgive me. I just rooted my phone. I have no roms yet so I'm guessing I have group then. So this would work for me? And all I would do is save it to a spot on my SD card and just reboot and let it do its thing? Im trying to learn this stuff but I'm a hands on kinda person so I'm trying to figure it out

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Can't wait until i can download from somewhere other than that site i really can't stand the requirements to register before downloading.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just updated the original post added a new D/L link i uploaded it to my megupload account Also added user feedback from trying this new radio from the rootzwiki peeps who have flashed this radio

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You rock!

Thanks man I am learning the best ways to learn how to develop for the t-bolt to my Dec team grd can release the GeT~R~DoNe Rom

This Thread Has Been Thunder Struck By WoZzYs ThunderBolt

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Now that sounds like a ROM I would run! Git R Dun.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Me an a buddy are going to start on. It after official gingerbread drops that way we don't have to do re work..... Me an him have a ton of themeing experience.... He is currently running a theme we created for the t bolt
The pull down is see through an it is a Confederate flag.... I will keep you on mind for testing

Mike1970

Reaction score
Can I use this with the BAMF Sense 3.0?

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can I use this with the BAMF Sense 3.0?

Yes you can it was confirmed working even with the Cm7 Builds so i am guessing the the dev behind this one is a kernel Genius
But remember its always good to make back ups as i have seen some devices dont like certain kernels this goes back to the first Droid

SithDroid2187

Reaction score

Me an a buddy are going to start on. It after official gingerbread drops that way we don't have to do re work..... Me an him have a ton of themeing experience.... He is currently running a theme we created for the t bolt
The pull down is see through an it is a Confederate flag.... I will keep you on mind for testing

I will definitely be up for testing. Confederate flag pull down would be awesome!

subsoniic

Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed this to be working on ginger theory ? surprised no one had mentioned it...seems to be a popular rom as well

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

subsoniic

Reaction score
Works on ginger theory just flashed it will report in after a day of testing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk