Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
The major problems are switching from 3g to4g. If your in solid 3or4 g your pretty good just dont move lol.

Lol OK I'm in 3G area only but thanks for the tip haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kamisan

Reaction score
With the methods to jump to 901 and back down you can try out the 901 system and if you dont like it, go back down to 5.5.893. P3 has a page as do many others on how to do it. When you downgrade you run a fix file to restore some needed files for 5.5.893.
Been running 901 a while and have a few drops but 99% it locks and runs on 3g or 4g no issues. The drops are all in bad service areas and they are few and far between. If my phone had shipped with this I would not have complained about it once..

my .02 worth.

WolfR1

Reaction score
Here I was getting ready to walk into Verizon and complain about my phone not properly switching between data modes. Thought I'd check here first. Glad I did otherwise I'd have wasted time at Verizon and been in no better a position.

Fordworth

Reaction score
Reading this thread helped me out a lot. After uninstalling juice defender pulling my sim card, my connection has been fine for several days. The only thing that is bothering me now is that when I'm on 4g my voice signal sucks. If I switch it to 3g I get a full four bars at home, just like with my old phone or my wife's X2. On 4g it instantly drops to one bar with choppy calls. When driving around I can get a better signal but it's never as good as when I'm on 3g. Is this part of the same issue as poor data connectivity?

WolfR1

Reaction score
How are you guys manually switching between 3g and 4g network states?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How are you guys manually switching between 3g and 4g network states?

It's in the wireless settings. You go from LTE /CDMA to CDMA only.

wooddale

Reaction score
Reading this thread helped me out a lot. After uninstalling juice defender pulling my sim card, my connection has been fine for several days. The only thing that is bothering me now is that when I'm on 4g my voice signal sucks. If I switch it to 3g I get a full four bars at home, just like with my old phone or my wife's X2. On 4g it instantly drops to one bar with choppy calls. When driving around I can get a better signal but it's never as good as when I'm on 3g. Is this part of the same issue as poor data connectivity?
Mine is the same way I read in an article that 4g isca weaker signal than 3 g if that makes any sense I gotta believe it though

Regodog

Reaction score
Well after new firmware update, I still was having connection problems. After another call into Verizon, a level 2 tech persuaded me to try a factory data reset. After that, I have had no more connection problems (at least in NW Ohio). Can't wait to try it out in the fringe areas of Pittsburgh this weekend!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
Well after new firmware update, I still was having connection problems. After another call into Verizon, a level 2 tech persuaded me to try a factory data reset. After that, I have had no more connection problems (at least in NW Ohio). Can't wait to try it out in the fringe areas of Pittsburgh this weekend!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Please tell us what happen because I dont think thats the ticket it would be to easy dont ya think

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am 24+ hours with no data loss since my factory reset in Virginia Beach.

wooddale

Reaction score
I am 24+ hours with no data loss since my factory reset in Virginia Beach.

I really hope that works for you guys like I say Im in ILL wright around Ohara field so Im in a strong 4G area it doesnt drop signal here just gets stupid every once in awhile says 4G but doesnt really have it but in a minute or so connects back up. when I leave my 4G area is when the trouble starts it looses data and doesnt get it back until it decides it wants to unless I play the toogle game or battery pull. Thats not accetable to me thats why I got the Rezound it works all the time

Verro84

Reaction score
Same here having severe data loss. I can't take it and om in a decent 4g area

wooddale

Reaction score
Same here having severe data loss. I can't take it and om in a decent 4g area

From what I have been reading you guys on the East coast are having even more problems maybe cause more people Iduno

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What are some of the tricks to stop the data drops?