Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

ccorlis

Reaction score
When verizon called me back they said they had found some tech problems and fixed them. All I know is I havent had a problem since.

wooddale

Reaction score
When verizon called me back they said they had found some tech problems and fixed them. All I know is I havent had a problem since.

Call Verizon back and tell them you cant get data connection havent been able too. They will give you a HTC Rezound for replacement then you wont have any problems with data

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I'm with you. I am on my 5th bionic, got the first one the day they came out. With the exception of one phone all have been replaced because of data issues. To illustrate: when the Droid X was my primary phone my data use was somewhere between 6 and 8 gigs a month. Now I barely use 2 gigs. What's the problem? I don't think it's the network! It's this POS bionic. Don't get me wrong. I love the bionic, the way it looks, video playback, and it's speed. But what good is a phone that can't access the internet or your email? I can use my wifes Incredible 2 more than 50 miles away from our home and never loose the tower I started with that morning, never loosing the 3G connection I started with. No, it's not verizons towers, it's this POS bionic!

Doesnt change the fact that he/she doesnt know what they are talking about....
Cant compare two different connectivity phones that access the network differently..just saying. Sucks that you're the very small percentage that has problems.
But either of you even tried .901? we can now go back to stock...so loosing upgrade path isnt an issue anymore...

wooddale

Reaction score
How did you come up with your 10%? Ill give you that there is a small percent of people on the forum but that doesnt prove anything if anything to the oppisite. How many people out there that bought the Bionic just use it like a phone for talk and text and Google once in awhile. My wife has D2 unlimited text & internet her internet use is squat. People buy a phone because they here its a neat phone and got the $300 to pay for it. They never have a problem because they never use it and if something does happen they just think they pushed a wrong button. You may be wright about the 10% in the forum that have the problem because are the only ones that know there is a problem. There is no such thing I got a bad phone they are all bad in as much as they all have the same problem. Depending on where you are some may be worse than others but they all have the problem.

Jugglingwj

Reaction score
How did you come up with your 10%? Ill give you that there is a small percent of people on the forum but that doesnt prove anything if anything to the oppisite. How many people out there that bought the Bionic just use it like a phone for talk and text and Google once in awhile. My wife has D2 unlimited text & internet her internet use is squat. People buy a phone because they here its a neat phone and got the $300 to pay for it. They never have a problem because they never use it and if something does happen they just think they pushed a wrong button. You may be wright about the 10% in the forum that have the problem because are the only ones that know there is a problem. There is no such thing I got a bad phone they are all bad in as much as they all have the same problem. Depending on where you are some may be worse than others but they all have the problem.

Hi guys. This is my first post here but I'm also having the same issue. I just got my Bionic two days ago and the data worked for a few hours. All of yesterday and so far today I've had no data. I called VZW and they said it's all Motorola's fault and I'm just supposed to sit around waiting until Moto gets an update out.

Tonik

Reaction score
Hi guys. This is my first post here but I'm also having the same issue. I just got my Bionic two days ago and the data worked for a few hours. All of yesterday and so far today I've had no data. I called VZW and they said it's all Motorola's fault and I'm just supposed to sit around waiting until Moto gets an update out.

You don't have to accept that if you don't want to. If you keep pushing them they will replace the phone, you shouldn't have to push too hard at all. If you continue to push they will replace it with a different make/model. You can get a Razr by Moto or an HTC Rezound. Also, since you have only had it for two days you can walk right back into the store and return it. You have 14 days to do that. Not pushing you to do anything in particular, just passing on info on your options.

Jugglingwj

Reaction score
You don't have to accept that if you don't want to. If you keep pushing them they will replace the phone, you shouldn't have to push too hard at all. If you continue to push they will replace it with a different make/model. You can get a Razr by Moto or an HTC Rezound. Also, since you have only had it for two days you can walk right back into the store and return it. You have 14 days to do that. Not pushing you to do anything in particular, just passing on info on your options.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it directly from Verizon. I bought it used from a friend. Any idea how they would handle that? Would they still send me a new one even though I have no receipt?

wooddale

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it directly from Verizon. I bought it used from a friend. Any idea how they would handle that? Would they still send me a new one even though I have no receipt?

14 days would start from whenever your friend bought it. Im not sure how it works with used phones but should be the same but you never know with Verizon but if you know the guy tell him to say its his. In the mean time if you want toi get service first try and toogle airplane mode and see if that works if not do battery pull if that dont work it maybe problem with sim card since you had to switch some how unlkess your friend is paying the bill. Try that if it dont work post back you will get help. Yor phone will get fixed one way or the other.

Jugglingwj

Reaction score
14 days would start from whenever your friend bought it. Im not sure how it works with used phones but should be the same but you never know with Verizon but if you know the guy tell him to say its his. In the mean time if you want toi get service first try and toogle airplane mode and see if that works if not do battery pull if that dont work it maybe problem with sim card since you had to switch some how unlkess your friend is paying the bill. Try that if it dont work post back you will get help. Yor phone will get fixed one way or the other.

I've tried all that. I was on the phone with vzw for about half an hour while they tried everything they knew about to get it to work. The only thing we didn't try was a hard reset. I know it worked before so I wasn't ready to do a reset yet.

My friend traded me for my Droid 3. So it's completely mine on my account. I doubt vzw would send me a new one unless I have some kind of proof of purchase or they see it on my account. But it can't hurt to try. Thanks!

wooddale

Reaction score
I've tried all that. I was on the phone with vzw for about half an hour while they tried everything they knew about to get it to work. The only thing we didn't try was a hard reset. I know it worked before so I wasn't ready to do a reset yet.

My friend traded me for my Droid 3. So it's completely mine on my account. I doubt vzw would send me a new one unless I have some kind of proof of purchase or they see it on my account. But it can't hurt to try. Thanks!

Dont matter what they say if your towers arent down and the phone worked it has to work. Can you make calls? Take it into the store and make them fix it.

Jugglingwj

Reaction score
Dont matter what they say if your towers arent down and the phone worked it has to work. Can you make calls? Take it into the store and make them fix it.

Yes, I can make calls just fine. Which vzw said was unusual since I couldn't get data. Luckily I'm usually at places with wifi so it hasn't affected me too much these last few days. But I definitely want to get it fixed ASAP.

wooddale

Reaction score
Yes, I can make calls just fine. Which vzw said was unusual since I couldn't get data. Luckily I'm usually at places with wifi so it hasn't affected me too much these last few days. But I definitely want to get it fixed ASAP.

I know this may be a silly question but I seen it happen before you do have mobil networks ckd on your phone?