Anki Drive coming to Android in October

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
140224191046-t-anki-drive-race-cars-robot-tech-00000000-620xa.jpg

I thought this was so cool when I first heard about this last year. But the announcement was quickly followed by those words Android users cringe when they hear: "Only available for iOS". In fact, when first announced you could only buy it through Apple. In early 2014, they started selling at Best Buy and on Amazon, but still only for iOS.
That has changed today with Anki's announcement that they will be rolling out an Android client next month! Part of the delay was because Anki needs Bluetooth 4.0 which many Android phones don't yet support. So when this is released next month it will only be available to Samsung owners with the S4/S5, Note 3 and Tab 10.1 (all BT 4.0 devices).
In addition, they are dropping the price $50 to make it $150 which gets you 2 cars, the track, a tire cleaner and car chargers.

Source: CNET
Anki Drive Homepage: LINK

happy12

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
While the OnePlus One was codenamed 'bacon', according to the reliable evleaks, the OnePlus Two has been tagged 'lettuce'. There's little to gather from this apart from the supposed existence of another smartphone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This looks like a lot of fun, but not sure if I'd use it enough to justify the price at this point. Maybe when the stepson gets a bit older...