Anki Drive coming to Android in October

Discussion in 'Tech News' started by PereDroid, Sep 18, 2014.

1. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,785
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    [​IMG]

I thought this was so cool when I first heard about this last year. But the announcement was quickly followed by those words Android users cringe when they hear: "Only available for iOS". In fact, when first announced you could only buy it through Apple. In early 2014, they started selling at Best Buy and on Amazon, but still only for iOS.
    That has changed today with Anki's announcement that they will be rolling out an Android client next month! Part of the delay was because Anki needs Bluetooth 4.0 which many Android phones don't yet support. So when this is released next month it will only be available to Samsung owners with the S4/S5, Note 3 and Tab 10.1 (all BT 4.0 devices).
    In addition, they are dropping the price $50 to make it $150 which gets you 2 cars, the track, a tire cleaner and car chargers.

Source: CNET
    Anki Drive Homepage: LINK

2. happy12

happy12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    While the OnePlus One was codenamed 'bacon', according to the reliable evleaks, the OnePlus Two has been tagged 'lettuce'. There's little to gather from this apart from the supposed existence of another smartphone.

3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,391
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    This looks like a lot of fun, but not sure if I'd use it enough to justify the price at this point. Maybe when the stepson gets a bit older...

Search tags for this page

anki drive