Angry birds won't install

ibnetman

Reaction score
Now when I try to install the game, instead of installing appearing in the status bar a message comes up saying "installation error, unknown reason-18" Anyone know what this means?

I found a fix!!! Download terminal emulator and then type in rm /mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec

Had a friend that has tryed EVERYTHING and that fixed his problem as well! Thanks for posting, hope it helps others out as well. dancedroid

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Now when I try to install the game, instead of installing appearing in the status bar a message comes up saying "installation error, unknown reason-18" Anyone know what this means?

I found a fix!!! Download terminal emulator and then type in rm /mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec

Had a friend that has tryed EVERYTHING and that fixed his problem as well! Thanks for posting, hope it helps others out as well. dancedroid

Yeah no problem, yeah I'm so glad I came across this fix. This was driving me crazy! I also can now download SDMove, I couldn't download any app like that before. So I think this little trick should be known for anyone with troubles installing any particular app. Glad it worked for your friend :)

blubaru

Reaction score

Tried this fix and get a permission denied error. Any ideas what I need to do to get this app to work? Driving me nuts. Installed on the wifes Droid with no problems! grrr...

brooklyn2710

Reaction score

I type it in and nothing happen. Am I suppose to get a confirmation or something?

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Did you guys type in su before entering the code? After you enter that, pretty sure a "#" shows up notifying that you have superuser permissions.

wie369

Reaction score
Angry Birds stuck install

I have a Droid 2 and tried to install Angry Birds this morning. I am not savy on all the tweeks you guys seem to do on the phones. Just need to see if anyone has a trick to get it to stop or finish the install.

I called the Verizon people and of course their solution was the take the battery out..nothing.

thanks for the help

techguru

Reaction score
Unmount your sd card, then install, then unplug and re-install your sd (or reboot).

Alan

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

Woodard2589

Reaction score
Any idea why this won't install on a stock droid. Just got a replacement for a screen problem and it wouldn't install on either. I'm thinking it has something to do with the market when it starts to reinstall apps automatically. Idk what that file is that the code is removeing but that's my guess.

cincan

Reaction score
Unmount your sd card, then install, then unplug and re-install your sd (or reboot).

Alan

This works!! I tried everything short of rooting my wife's MD 1 and nothing worked. Every time she attempted to install she got "Installation Unsuccessful". I cleared the Market app cache and data (once more for good measure), unmounted the SD Card, installed, and rebooted. It's now installed and working fine! Btw, it installed fine on my identical Moto Droid 1 with no problem.

chubbrock

Reaction score

Alan

This works!! I tried everything short of rooting my wife's MD 1 and nothing worked. Every time she attempted to install she got "Installation Unsuccessful". I cleared the Market app cache and data (once more for good measure), unmounted the SD Card, installed, and rebooted. It's now installed and working fine! Btw, it installed fine on my identical Moto Droid 1 with no problem.

Finally worked! Tried using that command using the terminal, didn't work. Cleared cache and data, unmounted sd card, and was finally able to download and install! Thank you!

Orakle

Reaction score

That Workd Great..!!!! Thanx a lot dancedroidi was getting so frustrated by that issue....:icon_ banana::motdroidvert:dancedroid:reddroid::greendroid::blackdroid:

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

you are the man, i dont know how you found this code eor whatever, but i typed this in and it worked. At first it didnt, but after i went back and typed in su first, then typed in this code and it worked . THANKSSSS