angry birds install problems

dougivks

Reaction score
Having trouble installing the new angry birds. I originally had the 1.3.5 APK installation on my DX. Tried to install the update through the market and installation failed. Thought maybe I needed to uninstall the original so I did that. Still can't install from the market, and now I can't reinstall from the APK either. Suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Having trouble installing the new angry birds. I originally had the 1.3.5 APK installation on my DX. Tried to install the update through the market and installation failed. Thought maybe I needed to uninstall the original so I did that. Still can't install from the market, and now I can't reinstall from the APK either. Suggestions?

Settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/market. Then clear both the cache and data.

OP
D

dougivks

Reaction score

Settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/market. Then clear both the cache and data.

still fails, both from market, and the old APK

csimo

Reaction score
I had to uninstall the old version and then download the new one from the market for it to work for me.

-Joe

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did the manual install too let me try it and see what happens. If I lose Angry Birds I won't get angry about it.:)

OP
D

dougivks

Reaction score
cleared cache and data from market, rebooted phone, and still fails on installation, both from market and old download.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know what to tell you. I just downloaded Angry Birds version 1.4.2. Went right over my old version, no problem.

Unfortunately your next step may be a factory data reset.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I originally installed it from the developers website, but did the update with appbrain....worked and I did not lose data.

OP
D

dougivks

Reaction score
Unfortunately your next step may be a factory data reset.

factory data reset and still no angry birds. Oddly enough, I can't install androzip either. Even tried to install it before reinstalling all my other apps.

does anyone know where angry birds saves it's files? maybe something didn't delete that was supposed to.

atico

Reaction score
I'm having similar problems, I have to wipe and restore my phone when try to reinstall apps from backup it fails now I try to uninstall but cannot find file. I have also clear cache on market app and nothing. any suggestion where this file may be

OP
D

dougivks

Reaction score
Found the fix. Apparently it's only a problem for apps installed to the SD card (which Angry birds and Androzip both are). I had to go into the sd card (after connecting as USB mass storage so it's unmounted from the phone) and delete the .android.secure folder. after that, I was able to install both from the market.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Found the fix. Apparently it's only a problem for apps installed to the SD card (which Angry birds and Androzip both are). I had to go into the sd card (after connecting as USB mass storage so it's unmounted from the phone) and delete the .android.secure folder. after that, I was able to install both from the market.

Wasn't a problem for me. I installed the apk file.

atico

Reaction score

I may a back up of this folder then I deleted it and it work like a charm!!!!

Thanksdancedroid