1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Angry Birds, The #1 Selling IPhone Game, On Its Way To Android This Summer

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Shadez, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Angry Birds has been a hugely popular iPhone/iPad game, ranking #1 for awhile now. Developed by Rovio, Angry Birds is a great physics game where you shoot various birds out of a sling shot to destroy buildings and defeat the evil green pigs (this sounds awesome, doesn’t it?).

Rovio, however, is not satisfied enough to dominate the iPhone[​IMG] Apps Store, so they’ve now set their eyes on Android, which means this summer we will all get to enjoy flinging birds out of slingshots, all without getting arrested.

Gameplay

Angry Birds offers a lot of gameplay with different birds having different abilities, which you can use to complete each stage of the game. Some split into three while other birds explode. You can perfectly time the use of the different abilities each bird has by tapping on the screen when you feel the need to use them. You will also be able to pinch-zoom to have the entire field on your screen for better aiming of said birds or get up close to see where you need to hit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Features

• 5 Themes (worlds) with 21 levels per Theme
    • 6 Different types of birds to unlock
    • Great graphics and animation
    • Lots of secrets to find
    Release Date

Excited to get a copy of this smash hit game already? Well you will not have to wait too long. Rovio has announced that they plan to release the game onto the Android market this summer. However, if you want to know right away the moment the game hits the market you can sign up for their mailing list for Android Angry Birds.

Source: Droid Gamers
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. nomster

nomster New Member

Angry Birds EXPANSION!

(Reviving an old post!)

I've been enjoying the FULL version of Angry Birds on my Incredible for a couple weeks now. The beta version didn't give me hope that there would be too many levels. However, I've been so pleasantly surprised with the number and variety of levels there are. I've heard that there are more birds than what was available in the beta version. I haven't gotten far enough in the game to play with those birds (like the boomerang one), but I can't wait!

The Angry Birds craze is really spreading. I heard that the game's expanding beyond just a game on smartphones. A sequel, film/movie... The movie bit seems a bit much. I don't really know what I think of it.... But anyway, the article's here.
  3. mcatdtDroid

mcatdtDroid New Member

<------- pimp, because....

beaten it, now working on 3 staring each level.
  4. nomster

nomster New Member

wow. and how long did it take?

so what are your thoughts? were you impressed with the levels/difficulty as the levels got higher?
  5. shenanigans_ink

shenanigans_ink New Member

everybody should have beaten it by now. I'm working on 3 stars as well, and at least one golden egg.
  6. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

I'm only on world one, level 3-6...I don't tweak like you guys, still a lot more game to go :)
  7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Why? Some of us have lives....
  8. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

Let's be honest, all of us droid owners are complete phone nerds who do nothing else than play with our phones. :)..............
  9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Like I said earlier....
  10. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I was joking by the way. Hence the smiley face. I think the smiley face can be used to enhance sarcasm on the nets of inter.
  11. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 New Member

Pretty much finished off the game last night. I got 3 stars in all levels and all but 2 golden eggs.
Search tags for this page

angry birds application for droid