'Angry Birds Seasons' Ad-Free Verison Available for Free on Amazon Appstore Today!

grgguy

Reaction score
Yes it was very nice of Rovio to not place the paid version on the market that made them well over $12 million. And instead to force people to install a new app for a new market that requires a new payment setup and can't seamlessly install or maintain apps. I am so proud of Rovio for stabbing all of their early supporters in the back like this.

+ 1 , if the app is free then why do they need my credit card # . I never had to enter my info into the Andriod Market until I was ready to start paying for apps.....I think I'll stick with the Andriod Market !

Big Ry

Reaction score
So there's no sort of backup/restore in the amazon market? Not even a list of previously installed/purchased apps with an option to reinstall if you just wiped or something?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

matt2783

Reaction score
So there's no sort of backup/restore in the amazon market? Not even a list of previously installed/purchased apps with an option to reinstall if you just wiped or something?

I'm not sure on this but I believe there is... I think it is all tied to your Amazon account. I can tell you that there is definitely a list of currently installed apps and apps you've uninstalled from the Amazon appstore.

So basically, I'm guessing, that if you get a new/wipe your phone, you just need to download the appstore again and sign into your amazon account and all your apps will be there.

Detonation

Reaction score

Your Amazon market apps will appear in the Menu > My Apps if they are not installed on the device. I grabbed a couple apps via my Droid X, and when I went to the Amazon market on my Nook, they were listed there and ready to download/install.

RemyL75

Reaction score
All apps that you get from the Amazon App Store will be listed and waiting for download to the devices you assign to your account. So far I have about 6 apps that can be downloaded and installed both my phones and my Xoom. My CC info was already on file and set up with amazon because i am a Prime member so no big deal for me there.
Also, keep in mind that if you download an app from Amazon and it replaces the same app from Android Market, the Android Market will remove it from the list of your apps it keeps and it's updates will come from Amazon now.

swingaz1

Reaction score
Saw some discussion on Shazam v. Soundhound in this thread. I missed the Shazam Encore freebie on Amazon, but just saw that the 4.99 Soundhound is free today (March 30) through the Amazon Appstore. Just a heads up to anyone who is interested.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Saw some discussion on Shazam v. Soundhound in this thread. I missed the Shazam Encore freebie on Amazon, but just saw that the 4.99 Soundhound is free today (March 30) through the Amazon Appstore. Just a heads up to anyone who is interested.

Thanks! I was the one who liked Soundhound better than Shazam. I'm downloading Soundhound now!:icon_ banana:

streetkid

Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of Apps that they've given away up to this point?.. any way to anticipate whats next?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Does anyone have a list of Apps that they've given away up to this point?.. any way to anticipate whats next?

I haven't downloaded all of them, but they've had: Farm Frenzy, Shazam, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Seasons, Diner Dash2, SwiftKey Keyboard, and Doodle Jump. Those are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.:)