'Angry Birds Seasons' Ad-Free Verison Available for Free on Amazon Appstore Today!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
angrybirds-seasons-stpats.jpeg

The generous, and marketing savvy, folks at Rovio have a great offer at the Amazon appstore today. You can download the ad-free version of 'Angry Birds Seasons' for FREE. Not only that, but if you do download it, it will replace your current ad-supported version and leave your settings and gameplay save intact! Thanks to the guys at Droid-Life for spotting this one. Man, I'm really digging this Amazon appstore more and more all the time.

Source: Droid-Life via Amazon

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Whoo-hoo! dancedroid Thanks for the info. I downloaded the FREE (ad-free) version. Stupid ads! Mess up my game!

Skull One

Reaction score
Yes it was very nice of Rovio to not place the paid version on the market that made them well over $12 million. And instead to force people to install a new app for a new market that requires a new payment setup and can't seamlessly install or maintain apps. I am so proud of Rovio for stabbing all of their early supporters in the back like this.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
Oh man that is awesome, a new free app everyday! Apparently Shazam Encore was free a couple days ago, too bad I missed it.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
Also for the Angry Birds fans the new game Angry Birds Rio is free on the Amazon App Store today as well.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then stick with the version you have, no?

Yes it was very nice of Rovio to not place the paid version on the market that made them well over $12 million. And instead to force people to install a new app for a new market that requires a new payment setup and can't seamlessly install or maintain apps. I am so proud of Rovio for stabbing all of their early supporters in the back like this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
keeps erroring out for me :( will try later

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Oh man that is awesome, a new free app everyday! Apparently Shazam Encore was free a couple days ago, too bad I missed it.

I downloaded Shazam, but have found it to be MUCH slower at IDing songs than the free version of Soundhound. I'll keep Shazam since it was free and I have to space to keep it. If I need to upgrade Soundhound for some reason, that would be my go-to program.

Of course, I only use them to ID songs. I don't use them for anything else. I like to purchase my songs on my computer. I'm Old Skool that way.;)

Skull One

Reaction score

Nope. I uninstalled all three Rovio Apps and won't use their software until they correct this situation. As a professional software developer I tend to have very strong opinions and stances on this subject matter. I don't reward a company that fails me as a consumer. But I do go back once they correct the issue.

alboboy10

Reaction score

I downloaded Shazam, but have found it to be MUCH slower at IDing songs than the free version of Soundhound. I'll keep Shazam since it was free and I have to space to keep it. If I need to upgrade Soundhound for some reason, that would be my go-to program.

Of course, I only use them to ID songs. I don't use them for anything else. I like to purchase my songs on my computer. I'm Old Skool that way.;)

Soundhound is much better than Shazam I think I had both. I paid for soundhound and am keeping it.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
...Not only that, but if you do download it, it will replace your current ad-supported version and leave your settings and gameplay save intact!...

Will this only work if the ad-supported version I have is the one from Google's Android Market, or only the one from Amazon AppStore?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
...Not only that, but if you do download it, it will replace your current ad-supported version and leave your settings and gameplay save intact!...

Will this only work if the ad-supported version I have is the one from Google's Android Market, or only the one from Amazon AppStore?

I had the DL from the Android Market and it replaced it and I've not had any problems (other than my inability to launch the birds correctly because by finger/bird coordination is horrible :icon_eek: ).

All my levels are still there and my scores are still there.

adsfa34

Reaction score

Nope. I uninstalled all three Rovio Apps and won't use their software until they correct this situation. As a professional software developer I tend to have very strong opinions and stances on this subject matter. I don't reward a company that fails me as a consumer. But I do go back once they correct the issue.

i've got to say that i absolutely 100% support you here. consumers have very little power and influence over companies these days, and one of the most powerful things we can do is not patronize their offerings.