Android Wear 2.0 Announced

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For the folks that already have AW 2.0 how are you liking it after a week or two? I have seen reports on other forums that battery life is not so good after a few days, watches start to lag, etc. Haven't seen any of those type of posts here. Just curious how it's running for folks that have had it a while now? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Running fine here. Battery does seem to not quite last as long, but I'm still getting 2 days out of a charge.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's nice. Feels finished. Funny you posted today, I was planning to come mention this
.. I'm getting annoyed. This happened again today. Second time. Reconnecting doesn't work. Forced to reset and repair.
f2102711c7720c2133dfd00286950997.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This thread needs to be closed...until I get 2.0. I'm stuck in the past :/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the feedback Jonny & Pere. That sounds frustrating Pere; I would not want to do that all the time, once is enough.

I'm with you popcenator. Still waiting on AW 2.0 also.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Pairing IS much quicker, at least. LOL

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello gamayun. In my opinion, no. Others may have a different opinion, but I don't see a market for games on smart watches.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hello gamayun. In my opinion, no. Others may have a different opinion, but I don't see a market for games on smart watches.

Agree. Don't waste your time.

I agree. I've tried a few once in a while & always lose interest quick. & I'm someone who likes to play games on my phone.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Do you guys think there is a market here for games?
Of course it must be paying or with inapp games as I can't see how an advertisement banner can fit... maybe videos?
I'm still pondering wether or not start to develop for it...

cheers,

Thierry
No games, batteries hardly last as it is and tapping and swiping gets old fast.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Rumor has it (via Moto Twitter) that the AW 2.0 update is finally ready to roll out to Moto 360 2nd Gen watches; starting any day and possibly today for some people.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm sporting the Huawei Watch 2 Classic as I type. Still putting it thru it's paces - I got it for the NFC chip, but have to see if it's really worth it over the Moto 360 Sport (which I lost, but could have replaced for half the price of this). I also wanted to see if GPS would be a little better. Still testing.

Androidwear 2.0 is a definite upgrade. Still a real chore to manage/navigate, but it's a big deal downloading stuff directly from the Play Store on the watch....or with Wear Manager apps I'm unable to find I've had success opening in the Store on the watch (from my phone). FINALLY you can keep apps you don't want on your watch from installing from your phone.

But Play Music is still borked. It is THE most complicated, unintuitive, backasswards way I've ever dealt with trying to get music on a device.

And 4GB of storage is such a joke. First off, after the operating system you have more like 2.2GB. But then your watch won't actually let you use the last 500MB (explain this to me?!?), so you're down to 1.7GB. By the time you get done with the bare minimum of apps, you have about 1GB for music.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Rumor has it (via Moto Twitter) that the AW 2.0 update is finally ready to roll out to Moto 360 2nd Gen watches; starting any day and possibly today for some people.

Apparently this is only for the 360 2nd Gen at the moment and not the 360 Sport also. The 360 Sport is apparently getting AW 2.0 "later". At least Moto confirmed that it is getting it sometime later.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Apparently this is only for the 360 2nd Gen at the moment and not the 360 Sport also. The 360 Sport is apparently getting AW 2.0 "later". At least Moto confirmed that it is getting it sometime later.

Is the 2015 version the second gen? I did see a headline about it coming out for some 360's now, but didn't click through because I was busy with other things.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is the 2015 version the second gen? I did see a headline about it coming out for some 360's now, but didn't click through because I was busy with other things.
Yep, the 2nd Gen models are the 2015 360's. From what I saw on Twitter the Sport model may be delayed a bit because it has built in GPS.