Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I updated the Android Wear app on my Pixel XL, but when I checked for updates on my Moto 360 2nd Gen it says I'm current. Anyone get 2.0 installed on their 360 yet?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Everything so far says that existing watches will see the update "in coming weeks." AFAIK, it's not available on any watch yet. I would imagine they'll wait at LEAST until these new watches ship before pushing it to watches already in the wild.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That would be my guess also, we won't see it until the new watches start to sell. We can't be first.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
DEAL ALERT
Fossil is having a SmartWatch sale. Every wearable is 25% off with promo code: LOVEQ25
I don't think any of them have NFC, though, so if Android Pay from your watch is must have for you, ignore this.
Fossil Smartwatches

Just to give you 2 examples:
Fossil's most expensive watch is $315 - 25% (78.75) = $236.25
The Hybrid watches (sort of like those Martians, remember those?) with a true watch face and replaceable battery are $195 - 25% ($48.75) = $146.25.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good prices if you don't care about the flat tire and the lack of a heartrate sensor.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As with most things on the Internet, take this with a grain of salt (or more). I read on PC Adviser that existing watches will start to receive AW 2.0 on Feb 15th. And it's rolling out in waves, as always.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's pretty brick proof actually as long as you flash the correct build.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The only builds I saw on that website were the original two developer watches. I'm fine waiting on the OTA; not super excited about like I was months ago.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only builds I saw on that website were the original two developer watches. I'm fine waiting on the OTA; not super excited about like I was months ago.

My contract ended on my Gear S Thursday. Last year I was excited that it was coming up AW2 was coming soon and there'd be so much more potential and models to choose from,2 platforms with standalone capabilities, etc. Now? Meh. If my SIM card on my S keeps acting up I'm just gonna save some money each month and drop the call capability on it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Put my Watch Urbane on the charger tonight & put it in theater mode before brushing my teeth & all of that good stuff.

Came back to tuck myself in & realized the I'd turned BT off on my phone. I only do that on nights that the watch doesn't need a charge because I turn the watch off.

Turned BT back on on the phone & then went to check the watch. "Charge to install".

A watch OS update!

It's still booting up. Am I crazy to think that it's 2.0 already?

Maybe just a security patch? It had a build number, but I didn't think to make a note of it.

Sure is taking a long time to boot...

Trying to stall so I can delete all of this & just post my findings. Not working.

Standby for an update.

Anyone else seeing updates of any kind on their watch?

Sent from my Pixel XL

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Put my Watch Urbane on the charger tonight & put it in theater mode before brushing my teeth & all of that good stuff.

Came back to tuck myself in & realized the I'd turned BT off on my phone. I only do that on nights that the watch doesn't need a charge because I turn the watch off.

Turned BT back on on the phone & then went to check the watch. "Charge to install".

A watch OS update!

It's still booting up. Am I crazy to think that it's 2.0 already?

Maybe just a security patch? It had a build number, but I didn't think to make a note of it.

Sure is taking a long time to boot...

Trying to stall so I can delete all of this & just post my findings. Not working.

Standby for an update.

Anyone else seeing updates of any kind on their watch?

Sent from my Pixel XL
Waiting patiently....

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just checked. I'm "up to date". So maybe not the Feb security patch?