Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. Dang security patch.

Screenshots are laggy as hell too. Don't remember it being that much of a pain last time I took one.

11da490bbd2d659efe08c9365fb8c318.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I actually thought it was improved this time. Screenshots.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some interesting tips and info related to AW 2.0. Might come in handy when we start to see the update roll out.

11 Android Wear 2.0 smartwatch tips you'll love

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Many will continue to ask "what's the point?" like they do about an s-pen but those who don't mind trying out of the box things will love it.
Yesterday evening I forgot my phone at home and had a lengthy wait for my daughter to get back from her field day and my wife had a bunch of questions about an event coming up today. I was killing time on the watch browser and having a text conversation with Karen as well as another with another daughter and checking the weather for today to forward to my wife for the girl scout event. Multi tasking standalone for the win IF it ever arrives on Android Wear.
00e9194d4107774a29023d80249ff1c3.jpg

0804fa29d5f6a8ec5927cb9fff7ba6b9.jpg

f5c0e853381881f7ebb854212423d728.jpg

7d9a9b65aea256ca20e2f2efd44073da.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Many will continue to ask "what's the point?" like they do about an s-pen but those who don't mind trying out of the box things will love it...
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

What's the point of an S Pen? Just kidding, just kidding.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that having the nfc, 4G, wifi and bluetooth at the same time and all the time on the wrist is a good thing. It's a lot of waves and it's going to reduce the battery.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.iphon9.fr/ galaxy note 10

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that having the nfc, 4G, wifi and bluetooth at the same time and all the time on the wrist is a good thing. It's a lot of waves and it's going to reduce the battery.
They do auto. When this or that is being used the other radios shut down. Just like on your phone, there's a lag as things are done but it saves a ton of battery vs forcing them to stay on at the same time. Think back to the Thunderbolt vs today's phones. The T-bolt ran both cdma and LTE radios simultaneously and Bluetooth hadn't adapted "leo" (low energy output) like today's so it was a battery hog that put even Windows Mobile phones to shame in its inefficiency of power usage.
Granted my S isn't AW but unless I'm forcing things to keep multiple radios on (such as Bluetooth headphones while mapping a route and streaming Milk music making Bluetooth,4g and GPS all being active along with the cpu) I average 2 days between charges on a watch that boasts 1 day between charges.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just checked my updates on my phone & noticed this changelog.

Sounds a lot like AW 2.0
999f5645a202680516a9257af77c2229.jpg

Of course, it's not a charging night, so I already had my watch off. Just turned it back on & am getting no system update. Mistake, or could they be getting ready to launch it to existing devices? Kinda weird that it would be in the changelog for the phone app, since the watch update timing depends on the manufacturer of the watch...

Sent from my Pixel XL

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So I lost my Moto 360 Sport....debating a new watch or a cheap EBAY replacement. I don't need LTE, but the added accuracy on GPS is appealing, as is NFC. Otherwise smartwatches are tracking the snail-pace of smartphones in terms of technical advancement. Sure, the new watches have LTE but otherwise extremely marginal upgrades.

I'd assume the GPS is still enhanced even without LTE (can still ping cell towers). Wondering if I could cancel LTE after a month and not pay the $5 a month for something like the LG Sport. $60 a year is no big deal, but I try not to needlessly waste my money.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just checked my updates on my phone & noticed this changelog....
Sounds a lot like AW 2.0
Of course, it's not a charging night, so I already had my watch off. Just turned it back on & am getting no system update. Mistake, or could they be getting ready to launch it to existing devices? Kinda weird that it would be in the changelog for the phone app, since the watch update timing depends on the manufacturer of the watch...

Sent from my Pixel XL

Just received the same app update this afternoon Jonny. Checked for updates on my watch afterward and nothing available yet. I hadn't manually checked in a long time until I saw this post and updated the AW app. I would agree that this app update sounds like it's paving the path for the AW 2.0 update to start rolling out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks