Android System Recovery Utility <3e> access

CatInTheHat422

Reaction score
Hola everyone!

Well after fooling around with my D3 for a little, I decided to do some button mashing to figure out how to access the recovery menu for the D3 and was successful!

To get there, power off the device, hold down the "x" button on the keyboard and power button at the same time at until the "!" and android is displayed.

To access recovery, press the volume up rocker and volume down rocker at the same time and voila! You now have access to the recovery!

Hope this helps the community somehow! Now lets get to the unlocking and ROM-ing!!!:)

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Good find :)

Here's a cookie
droid-cookies.jpg

malaka

Reaction score
need to get on this quick the battery life sucks right now...even while in "sleep mode" i lost 40% at work today in 4 hours...10% per hr while in sleep mode seems like something is right...maybe the radios need to be fixed come on devs...i have my paypal waiting for you

colbyb25

Reaction score
Something is up with your apps, phone or you have crappy cell service. My D3 is getting pretty great battery life although I do have the extended battery.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
im sure its the same on all droids since...were you able to find a way to reboot the phone..like on the droid 2 if u hold alt+caps lock+delete to do a quick reboot

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
bootloader access is the same as well, power off, slide out keyboard push the up arrow button while powering on and it will boot into the bootloader as well.

Hola everyone!

Well after fooling around with my D3 for a little, I decided to do some button mashing to figure out how to access the recovery menu for the D3 and was successful!

To get there, power off the device, hold down the "x" button on the keyboard and power button at the same time at until the "!" and android is displayed.

To access recovery, press the volume up rocker and volume down rocker at the same time and voila! You now have access to the recovery!

Hope this helps the community somehow! Now lets get to the unlocking and ROM-ing!!!:)

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yea that's what I was telling the OP...I don't see why this is news lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
CatInTheHat422

CatInTheHat422

Reaction score
Yea that's what I was telling the OP...I don't see why this is news lol.

im sure its the same on all droids since...

Well for a select few, this might have been news they were unaware of, I was simply adding my two cents...

FYI, Recovery was originally accessed on the D1 with rocker volume up and the camera button... This is physically impossible on the D3 (which I'm sure your aware of). So for myself and maybe a few others switching from a D1, this might be a little tid-bit worthy of news. Maybe not front page, but worth something. :)

Last edited:

Kickbut101

Reaction score
need to get on this quick the battery life sucks right now...even while in "sleep mode" i lost 40% at work today in 4 hours...10% per hr while in sleep mode seems like something is right...maybe the radios need to be fixed come on devs...i have my paypal waiting for you

Buy "Tasker" app, that way you can switch on and off 3G, which for me is the big battery killer

Reaction score

Buy "Tasker" app, that way you can switch on and off 3G, which for me is the big battery killer

Would that essentially be the same thing as using the Airplane Mode toggle? Or does it still allow Syncing to occur?

imnotmikal

Reaction score

Would that essentially be the same thing as using the Airplane Mode toggle? Or does it still allow Syncing to occur?

Airplane mode would turn off your 2G as well, stopping texts/calls.
Turning off 3G is just data.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I have no major issues with battery life, I don't know what everyone is running, so far mine is just stock but I know Pulse does take some battery life.

psouza4

Reaction score
That's wild. On 3G in my office, which has 1-2 bars of service most of the time (my OG Droid had some dropped calls, Droid 3 seems a bit better), loses about 20-25% battery in the 11 hours I'm there (6am-7pm Mon-Thu). I got my Droid 3 on 7/8 after ordering it via their phone sales line 7/7 (next day delivery) so got to test it all last week. Without ever charging, I get between 50-53 hours standby if I only rarely turn the screen on to dismiss alerts. I have several user-installed persistent apps running too, such as Tasker, LookOut, Circle Battery, Beautiful Widgets, and a few others. Your mileage may vary, but honestly the battery life on the Droid 3 is excellent.