Android Ready Car Deck

robyr

Reaction score
I use a Pioneer DEH-P7900BT. It has builtin bluetooth, contact sync, and a slew of other goodies built in, like AUX-in and such. Super cheap on ebay, and the newer models of the same series are even better. Pioneer is about your only manufacturer choice if you want built-in bluetooth, and not pay 1200+ for a nav unit.

OP
N

Nasteee

Reaction score
I use a Pioneer DEH-P7900BT. It has builtin bluetooth, contact sync, and a slew of other goodies built in, like AUX-in and such. Super cheap on ebay, and the newer models of the same series are even better. Pioneer is about your only manufacturer choice if you want built-in bluetooth, and not pay 1200+ for a nav unit.

This is the deck that I'm posting about.

Kenwood KDC-X693 (kdcx693) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix

The blue tooth adapter for it is the bt-200.

Amazon.com: Kenwood KCA-BT200 Bluetooth Hands-free Unit for A2DP: Electronics

Comes with USB and AUX in.

robyr

Reaction score

This is the deck that I'm posting about.

Kenwood KDC-X693 (kdcx693) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix

The blue tooth adapter for it is the bt-200.

Amazon.com: Kenwood KCA-BT200 Bluetooth Hands-free Unit for A2DP: Electronics

Comes with USB and AUX in.

Only issue I have with the Alpine, Sony, Kenwood et al units is the fact that they ALL require you to buy an add on module, where as the Pioneer I have, and all future models sporting BT, have it built it. Still looks like a quality unit.

divini

Reaction score
If you get a Bluetooth enabled deck you can run your music and phone right through your stereo with no wires. Let's see an I Pod do that without an adapter!

Can't help but comment on this one. You're comparing a android phone to an ipod. Be more specific. An ipod nano or classic will not do it. You are correct there. But an ipod touch will, as will an ipad and iphone.

Has anyone used the bluetooth with a kenwood deck? I ordered the kca-bt200 adapter for my deck and was wondering if anyone has used their droid to communicate wit ha kenwood deck the way I plan to? Any compatibility issues or anything?[/QUOTE]

Just some info on current Kenwood radios. None of the units this year with built in bluetooth support A2DP. If you add the KCA-BT300 it will support streaming and control. Same goes for Pioneer this year. This is for the cd decks only. The Nav units from both companies will stream audio. If you can find last years Kenwood KDCX994 it will stream audio and have an awesome sound processor.

any deck with a standard USB plug would work, the droid would just see it at a USB connection then the deck would see it as a folder to load music from.

I'm not saying to use this one, it's just an example...
h158GT410U-f_mtp.jpg

True but not all radio will read the same. If you want to check before you buy a head unit I suggest testing it out first. Any decent car stereo shop should have it all on display. Bring the usb cable for the phone and try them out to make sure. each manufacturer (Kenwood, Pioneer, etc) does things differently.

Like I said above, Kenwood and Pioneer did not include A2DP in their bluetooth cd head units this year. You would need a bluetooth ready unit and the appropriate bluetooth adapter.

Just trying to help out guys. Been in car stereo for about 10 years and have been working for the same store for 6&1/2 years. These are some of the things I come across on a daily basis.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and if you want AVRCP then make sure you look for it when shopping.