Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think the main thing tho that they are trying to point out is the rate that the market is growing. And as for bad apps, thats one reason we have forums like this.. I'd sure rather see the market growing then shrinking in any case..

cj1896

Reaction score
I like google, I use their products but they are going to have to do something about the quality of the apps in the market eventually. I know they are just trying to grow it now and it garners attention and positive press. But unfortunately 29,500 of the 30,000 apps are absolute garbage. I despise apple and particularly their "my way or the highway" attitude with their apps but I am sure 99% of their apps aren't BS. It will eventually hurt the android brand if it isn't brought under control.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like google, I use their products but they are going to have to do something about the quality of the apps in the market eventually. I know they are just trying to grow it now and it garners attention and positive press. But unfortunately 29,500 of the 30,000 apps are absolute garbage. I despise apple and particularly their "my way or the highway" attitude with their apps but I am sure 99% of their apps aren't BS. It will eventually hurt the android brand if it isn't brought under control.
You're sure? I think 2% of their apps are fart apps, so they are already down to 98%.

Apple definitely has its fair share of pointless/crap/BS apps so don't go there.

I do admit that recently there are RIDICULOUS amounts of crap. Like Hot Babes 1, Hot Babes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Funny Jokes, Dirty Jokes, Blonde Jokes, etc when they could all be in one app. They are an attempt to make money by having people download multiple apps instead of just "Hot Babes App" or "Jokes App".

smegoul

Reaction score
Not having an iPhone I can't say what their app store looks like.
However reading about the restrictions they are planning leads me to believe they have the same stupid do nothing apps that we suffer with. I read last week that they (Apple) was going to start banning apps that had little or no functionality. I believe these are the type of apps that people create thru services like Genwi.
IMHO I'd like to see our app market come with a filter that allows one to block apps from certain people. This would be a filter local to my Droid. I'm not suggesting blocking on a more global level.

cj1896

Reaction score
Not having an iPhone I can't say what their app store looks like.
However reading about the restrictions they are planning leads me to believe they have the same stupid do nothing apps that we suffer with. I read last week that they (Apple) was going to start banning apps that had little or no functionality. I believe these are the type of apps that people create thru services like Genwi.
IMHO I'd like to see our app market come with a filter that allows one to block apps from certain people. This would be a filter local to my Droid. I'm not suggesting blocking on a more global level.

I like this idea, like a "mark this app as spam" option.

darreno1

Reaction score
Well I had an iPhone and I can tell you, IMO, the majority of apps in the Apple store are garbage. It took me literally all night on itunes to weed through the crap to find a couple good ones. I absolutely hated looking for apps there. Not to mention having to use and put up with the biggest POS music/sync software ever invented: iTunes.

Reaction score
I agree. Coming from an iPhone myself, I can tell ya the ratio for both are probably about the same. 95% crap and 5% useful. They will both end up the same way, people putting loads of junk on, until someone restricts it to some extent. As long as I can find a useful app when I need it though, I don't really care if there are 1,000 or 1,000,000.

Brokn68

Reaction score
Unfortunately you cant really trust the rating system on the Market either as I'm sure there are Android developers who rate their products high and competitors lo, giving a false sense of how good/bad a product really is..just like Apple and their itunes app store. I'm glad I am a part of this forum and trust what people recommend and have to say about app/games.

th9203

Reaction score
Read them all carefully

there will be a test later on all 35,000 of them! :icon_ devil: