Android is losing

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have had my android phone for almost a year now & I've been pretty pleased with it, but when the iphone 5 comes out I'm going to buy that instead of updating to another android phone.

Android simply doesn't have the major perks that iOS has..
I'm no apple fan at all, I think they're an evil company that sells for a 400% profit. But for a on device hack-ability iphone takes the cake, having DPKG & a beautiful frontend for apt (cydia) I just can't find myself with this android phone any longer.

It really upsets me to think this because android has a lot of potental, but not for me without dpkg or a 3rd party package management system.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
u know at a point I have to agree but I wouldn't turn from Android, not yet at least. sorry ur not sticking around

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ill buy the new iphone and ill keep an android device just in case :)

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Exactly and get my android fix, Ill still follow android 100%. But ill have a iphone as my primary.

Gritwater

Reaction score
Since when is it "evil" for a company to make a profit?

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Its how they do it thats evil. Forcing people to use iTunes is pretty evil... IMO that is.

darkmatter

Reaction score

Its how they do it thats evil. Forcing people to use iTunes is pretty evil... IMO that is.

Its because of itunes, and itunes alone, that I'll never get an iphone/ipod.

Same with my girlfriend, and she was just about to buy an iphone when itunes deleted her entire ipod without so much as a confirmation box. She plugged it in to recharge and it deleted the whole thing.

If itunes alone wasn't bad enough, I hate having to go through the program to put any media on the device.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Its because of itunes, and itunes alone, that I'll never get an iphone/ipod.

Same with my girlfriend, and she was just about to buy an iphone when itunes deleted her entire ipod without so much as a confirmation box. She plugged it in to recharge and it deleted the whole thing.

If itunes alone wasn't bad enough, I hate having to go through the program to put any media on the device.
I totally agree with you. Im a copy and paste through explorer kind of guy. I dont need some program acting like my master to put anything on my device. iTunes just needs to be optional and i think my stance toward apple would be better. Til then im bitter and not liking apple.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ill buy the new iphone and ill keep an android device just in case :)

oh come on.....if you are going to do it....do it all the way....make sure you wave by to flash on your way out:icon_ banana:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That sucks..... personally id wait a little longer before i went to the iphone. I dislike apple for different reasons, #1 being the lack of customization possible on their products. Yes, i know they can be jailbroken but its not the same as with droid where you can change basically the entire OS if you want (saw something about seeing ubuntu on a droid which i thought was pretty amazing).

I personally dont mind itunes other than its sooooooo slow. I have a laptop with 3 gb of ram (win7 ultimate that ive optimized for speed) and its still slow (my mom has 6 gb of ram with win7 home and its slow also). I've never had trouble with it deleting everything on my ipod because i use drag and drop instead of playlists.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how on earth does an iPhone beat out Android it's 'hack-a-bility'?

There are a lot of things the iPhone does right and takes the cake, but that is certainly not one of them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've used Apple's fine products for many years. People who say that the company is "evil".....I can't describe what I want to say. It would be disrespectful.

And when you say things about how evil Apple is, what are you saying about me? Am I a "mindless" Apple Fan boy? No, I'm someone who knows a good product when I see it,

I will say this. I've never seen any group of people treated so disrespectfully then the way Android people treat people who use Apple products. I have a rooted Droid, that doesn't mean I'm smarter then an iPhone person. It's just the phone I choose to use. And if I go go to an iPhone 5 in September I will not say one negative thing about a person who uses Android.

As far as iTunes, there is nothing bad about using iTunes. Blackberry has you use Device Manager. Is that evil too? It's basically the same idea only with iTunes you can do so much more.

It just makes me sad to see threads like this. It's almost like racisim. Its just ugly.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score

They force them to huh.... they get a gun and say...''use iTUnes or die'' :rolleyes:

Yes, they force it on you. You have no other options for putting music or such on. I'd call that force.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App