Android is losing

HelpeRX

Reaction score
RE

You guys are hilarious, android and iphone are both good but in my opinion android has more openness and better hardware because android is competing not only against apple but others too like Motorola or Samsung etc... so they are always trying to outdo each other as well as the iphone and thats why they usually have more advance specs than apple. Alot of people are saying they are going to the iphone 5 and its funny how just because "iphone" is a fad even if the obvious choice is clear they still want to be accepted and go along with the crowd. Today I was at a friends house and me and a group of people me being the only one with a smart phone, they saw my phone they were like wow is that a iphone I'm like no its the droid x they were like aww what ever lost interest because it wasnt a omg Iphone. Without even knowing the features they lost interest.... Also I like every phone and please don't misunderstand what I am trying to say, its just my opinion =D.

PS: If you cant beat them might as well join them I too will go from the X to a iphone 5!

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Apple has the hardware Android has the OS...............

Apdroid

Case closed : )

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If Android would release a phone with the true hardware and build quality of the iPhone, that would be the smartest thing they could do. That would truly be the phone to beat. Honestly, no Android phone hardware is on the same level. The construction isn't there. I think it will be at some point, but not yet.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Apdroid

I believe you got it mixed up i believe apple has the software and android has the hardware xD

No, he actually has it quite right. Like I said above, there is honestly no android device with the build quality of the iPhone. Not right now.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Android would release a phone with the true hardware and build quality of the iPhone, that would be the smartest thing they could do. That would truly be the phone to beat. Honestly, no Android phone hardware is on the same level. The construction isn't there. I think it will be at some point, but not yet.

True, but at what cost?

1 Million Workers. 90 Million iPhones. 17 Suicides. Who’s to Blame? | Magazine

Sorry - that might be a bit of a rabbit trail... but regardless it's an interesting article that makes you think about where these devices are coming from, regardless of how good or bad the conditions really are!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Unfortunately, that applies to a lot of overseas jobs, not just for Apple. The work conditions can be terrible for most any company producing off of our shores. Shoot, it can be bad for some ON our shores.

HelpeRX

Reaction score

Apdroid

I believe you got it mixed up i believe apple has the software and android has the hardware xD

No, he actually has it quite right. Like I said above, there is honestly no android device with the build quality of the iPhone. Not right now.

I am confused if you look at the specs for the X, atrix, Evo isnt the processor, camera, ram better? Also if you look at the performance test the iphone 3Gs was faster then the iphone 4. Please enlighten me I am truly interested.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that applies to a lot of overseas jobs, not just for Apple. The work conditions can be terrible for most any company producing off of our shores. Shoot, it can be bad for some ON our shores.

very true indeed - honestly, after reading the article, it's not quite as poignant as the title suggests, but seems to just bring an awareness to a world that most westerners aren't aware of

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You are comparing the specs of just released and upcoming phones with last years iPhone. The new iPhone will have dual core. And a host of other improvements. They aren't sitting on their hands. And another thing I was stressing was build QUALITY. The true, physical quality of the device. Not just the electronics used. Revisit the specs of the Atria and such when the iPhone 5 is released. I doubt you will find it behind. ;)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

very true indeed - honestly, after reading the article, it's not quite as poignant as the title suggests, but seems to just bring an awareness to a world that most westerners aren't aware of

Very true. I think more know about it than care to acknowledge but it is something that is out of most of our control, unfortunately.

HelpeRX

Reaction score
You are comparing the specs of just released and upcoming phones with last years iPhone. The new iPhone will have dual core. And a host of other improvements. They aren't sitting on their hands. And another thing I was stressing was build QUALITY. The true, physical quality of the device. Not just the electronics used. Revisit the specs of the Atria and such when the iPhone 5 is released. I doubt you will find it behind. ;)

True but the iphone 4 and droid x came out around the same time and isnt the Droid X better with the specs? Not the quality I doubt but who knows =/

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to throw another wrench into this thread, but I wouldn't count Windows Phone 7 out either. It's still pretty immature, but it's an extremely slick, functional interface. I used a Samsung Focus for a few weeks awhile back, and loved it the whole time I had it.

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm sticking with android all the way, but for all you who are founding their opinions around the limitations and dislikes with iTunes, check out:
MediaMonkey
CopyTrans
SoundTaxi

I think your problems will be solved.

But who wants to buy technology built by a fruit company anyway.. lol!

{{ WugFresh }}

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

True but the iphone 4 and droid x came out around the same time and isnt the Droid X better with the specs? Not the quality I doubt but who knows =/

I will have to look at the processors again. I know the iPhone kills the X on resolution and screen quality. The processors issue can be misleading because a lesser spec processor can actually run better than a higher one if utilized correctly. That is a major component in the mix,