Android is losing

celtic11

Reaction score
Celtic, this thread has actually been going very well, I have been watching it closely. I understand your point, but your tone might be considered off-putting. Please let it continue at the direction that it is. Everyone is bringing up great points.

I deleted my post for that reason. After re-reading it didn't come off how I intended. Carry on.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I love Android but lack of top tier games, market supported movies, is what is enticing me to Apple....gonna have to get used to less interesting home screens, but the outstanding battery life is also a plus. Just got my incredible in Dec, might buy iphone 5 at full retail if I must...still deciding.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason I've always assumed apple doesn't have flash support is because the smoothness of it doesn't meet apples standards. However, I have saw some kind of flash running on a jailbroken iphone. How well it works I'm not sure though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Im confident if allowed flash would make it run smoothly on iphone. Its not like Ipones are bad hardware... Its got the right stuff. Just needs the software which would definitely be optimized if the two companies would get along.

Maybe they'll give it a try sometime, based on how long it took them to get along with verizon... it may be awile haha.

Very true, Vz did bash apple at one point in time. I think Apple and Adobe need to kiss and make up. All the users would rejoice. :hail:

bplewis24

Reaction score
I have had my android phone for almost a year now & I've been pretty pleased with it, but when the iphone 5 comes out I'm going to buy that instead of updating to another android phone.

Android simply doesn't have the major perks that iOS has..
I'm no apple fan at all, I think they're an evil company that sells for a 400% profit. But for a on device hack-ability iphone takes the cake, having DPKG & a beautiful frontend for apt (cydia) I just can't find myself with this android phone any longer.

It really upsets me to think this because android has a lot of potental, but not for me without dpkg or a 3rd party package management system.

Good riddance.

Are there some hyped up iPhone and Apple users? Yup, but I will say that I haven't seen anywhere near the animosity while modding the iPhone and iPad forums towards Android as vice versa.

Thanks for taking time away from the Apple Angels to slum it with the Android Angries. We truly appreciate it. Maybe someday we will be as sophisticated and mature as they are.

Maybe when the OP switches to Apple, he will be able to appropriately title his thread due to the upgrade in maturity. Lord knows his title appropriately conveys what his post was about.

Brandon

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Celtic, this thread has actually been going very well, I have been watching it closely. I understand your point, but your tone might be considered off-putting. Please let it continue at the direction that it is. Everyone is bringing up great points.

I deleted my post for that reason. After re-reading it didn't come off how I intended. Carry on.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

You're fine, dude. Reading your post, I completely understand where you were coming from and know you didn't mean any animosity. Its all good.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I love Android but lack of top tier games, market supported movies, is what is enticing me to Apple....gonna have to get used to less interesting home screens, but the outstanding battery life is also a plus. Just got my incredible in Dec, might buy iphone 5 at full retail if I must...still deciding.

Battery life & more quality apps is definality a plus twards apple. Having to repurchase what paid apps I already have & then having to buy apps that are free on android & cost on ios is blah though.

Something I havnt read into: does ios have the apps google voice, & navagation or are those android specific?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I have had my android phone for almost a year now & I've been pretty pleased with it, but when the iphone 5 comes out I'm going to buy that instead of updating to another android phone.

I'm no apple fan at all, I think they're an evil company that sells for a 400% profit. But for a on device hack-ability iphone takes the cake, having DPKG & a beautiful frontend for apt (cydia) I just can't find myself with this android phone any longer.

It really upsets me to think this because android has a lot of potental, but not for me without dpkg or a 3rd party package management system.

Good riddance.

Are there some hyped up iPhone and Apple users? Yup, but I will say that I haven't seen anywhere near the animosity while modding the iPhone and iPad forums towards Android as vice versa.

Thanks for taking time away from the Apple Angels to slum it with the Android Angries. We truly appreciate it. Maybe someday we will be as sophisticated and mature as they are.

Maybe when the OP switches to Apple, he will be able to appropriately title his thread due to the upgrade in maturity. Lord knows his title appropriately conveys what his post was about.

Brandon

You know, I have been enjoying the conversation in here and everything is going good and you jump in with this absolute garbage. Further, you go and act like an ass to me with no reason. Do you really think that is a smart move? By the way, my personal phone is a Droid Incredible. My wife has the iPhone 4.

You want to tell the op to grow up, I suggest you look in a mirror first.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Battery life & more quality apps is definality a plus twards apple. Having to repurchase what paid apps I already have & then having to buy apps that are free on android & cost on ios is blah though.

Something I havnt read into: does ios have the apps google voice, & navagation or are those android specific?

I think Voice is available now? Could be wrong. iOS doesn't have Google Nav, though. I read a rumor a year or so ago that it would get it... but, that was a year or so ago... so, I'm not bankin' on it. There are good NAV apps on iOS, but they'll cost you.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Not sure itunes seems to not respond 8/10 times on pc's in my experience so for me its not worth checking. I think no to voice but I think they have some type of navigation built in (dont quote me on that)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Jordan, they have Google Navigation but no voice guidance at the moment. But I believe I did hear that will be available through jailbreak. I will check on Google Voice tomorrow.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Good riddance.

Brandon

You know, I have been enjoying the conversation in here and everything is going good and you jump in with this absolute garbage. Further, you go and act like an ass to me with no reason. Do you really think that is a smart move? By the way, my personal phone is a Droid Incredible. My wife has the iPhone 4.

You want to tell the op to grow up, I suggest you look in a mirror first.
Jk, Just delete the post. We were doing so good..... This thread needs a "intellectual conversation" only rule. :) Its refreshing to get a good apple and android convo going with close mod support in case of flames.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

I think Voice is available now? Could be wrong. iOS doesn't have Google Nav, though. I read a rumor a year or so ago that it would get it... but, that was a year or so ago... so, I'm not bankin' on it. There are good NAV apps on iOS, but they'll cost you.

I think i remember hearing that too. I think it was going to be dumbed down though...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jordan, they have Google Navigation but no voice guidance at the moment. But I believe I did hear that will be available through jailbreak. I will check on Google Voice tomorrow.

edited for stupidity and lack of reading. :)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I wish I could get one of my mods from the Inc Forum to check in on this thread. He got the new iPhone 4 and has gone through all kinds of jailbreak changes. He has given us some great info on what can be modified over there. I have been very impressed with what he has listed. Said there were even variations of widgets that can do just like the Droids and more. If I catch him not busy at work, I will see about getting him to chime in. I need to talk to him anyway about screenshots.