Android Auto

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Are any of you Z Force owners using the Android Auto stand alone app? Now that Waze can be used with it I might consider giving A A a try. Right now I use the Waze app for driving, and Moto Voice to handle the sms while driving.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have not tried Android Auto yet. I would think that someone here with a Z Force / Z / Z Play has tried it.

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have not tried Android Auto yet. I would think that someone here with a Z Force / Z / Z Play has tried it.

Thanks Sajo. I might give it a try as I travel today. I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks Sajo. I might give it a try as I travel today. I'll let you know how it goes.

You have to disable Moto voice, to enable Google voice in order for Android Auto to use voice commands. Not sure that I gain much doing that.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You have to disable Moto voice, to enable Google voice in order for Android Auto to use voice commands. Not sure that I gain much doing that.

Oh, that's right. Now I remember why I didn't buy the Incipio car dock Mod and use it. I don't want to disable Moto Voice to use Android Auto. Thanks for the reminder, and information.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I tried it for awhile....found it kinda mehh..... Deleted.... Haven't missed it.
OK Google and Moto voice together do a much better job

Sent from my Moto Z (2)

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Digging up an old thread...but this is applicable.

I thought I was slick over the winter setting up my garage door opener with a WiFi enabled momentary switch and creating a GA routine so I could just say "Hey Google, Open the garage door". The routine itself works great except this past weekend I was out and about on the motorcycle and had Android Auto running my Pixel2 with Waze & Spotify streaming to my helmet headset. When I got home I tried to launch the voice routine and Google told me that "Rouitines are not enabled for this device"....

Google search found that Google has indeed disabled Goggle Assistant routines from with Android Auto stand-alone. There are many threads on the Google support forums with no replies from Google as to why.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Isn't it great how Google changes things, but then won't even answer questions about it on their own Product Forums. I have a few questions open with no response on their Product Forums, but the fix has long since been out. Craziness. I wonder why they would remove that from Android Auto? Strange.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited: