Solved Android Auto not working

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey bkdodger....With my new P6 Pro I was able to activate Android Auto on my 2018 Chevy Equinox car screen. I plugged the USB cable into my phone and the car's USB input. The car's on-screen app icons includes "Projector." When I tapped on Projector, the Android Auto icon appeared. When I tapped on it, I got a message to go to Apps/Android Auto/ and Allow "Display over other apps." When I allowed, my phone's apps, like Waze, Google Maps, Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc. appeared on the car's screen. And when I tapped on the Waze icon on the car screen, the map came up on the car screen. Hooray!! When I give it a try tomorrow, I'll see if it will be more automatic. I hope that no future updates to anything, like Google Maps, won't screw things up. Tethering is a little inconvenient, but at least it works. So much nicer seeing the Waze and Google Maps screens on the car's screen than having to use the phone's.
Man, that's awesome news! I hope it stays this way. I agree. Nothing like just getting in the car and seeing everything on the screen. I use it all the time on my car. I'm so used to it now. I find it hard to travel without Android Auto on and again, congrats on the phone. I hope you enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying mine.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
So far, so good. Very similar to my former 4XL. And, being that I was in the Android 12 beta, not a lot of surprises so far. But definitely happy I've got the new phone. Thanks, bkdodger. Enjoy your new phone too.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So far, so good. Very similar to my former 4XL. And, being that I was in the Android 12 beta, not a lot of surprises so far. But definitely happy I've got the new phone. Thanks, bkdodger. Enjoy your new phone too.

Thank you sir. It's been a pleasure. It's always nice coming back to Google experience

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Seems to be working good. Glad you were able to find a way to make it work @kmf1 And I agree with you completely @bkdodger now that I have been using Android Auto since May I really like it and when I drive my old Jeep that doesn't have it I realize how much I miss it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Seems to be working good. Glad you were able to find a way to make it work @kmf1 And I agree with you completely @bkdodger now that I have been using Android Auto since May I really like it and when I drive my old Jeep that doesn't have it I realize how much I miss it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
He has crazy. Once you get used to something and running it all the time, you definitely will miss it those times when you can't get it