Android 8.O Oreo is Officially Official

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like poptart.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

karthika

Reaction score

Yesterday at a press event directly following the solar eclipse in the US Google officially announced the new name of Android 8.0 Oreo! The late dark horse was orolette, which would have been pretty lame since no one has actually ever heard of that. Google decided to team up with a very well known existing brand in Oreo. Nabisco seemed pretty excited about the pairing as they tweeted the news following Google's official announcement and statue unveiling. The statue represents a super hero shaped like an Oreo with a cape! Google also announced availability through the Android Open Source Project. You can get the update for your Nexus or Pixel devices as we speak. What do you think of the new name? Are you pleased with Oreo or were you hoping for something else?

Thankfully with Android 8.0 Oreo, the need for third-party printer plugins is no more.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Would "pudding pop" be out of the running because of association with Bill Cosby?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Would "pudding pop" be out of the running because of association with Bill Cosby?
I'm wondering if back during kit Kat they were thinking of an elaborate plan to have Bill Cosby present P for pudding or pudding pop, and now they are having to scrap that plan.

Pizza for p. But I'm thinking it's likely going to be pie. Because with pie it's general and cover a multitude of flavors.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Get in mah belly!
2b837c3ac9e469f15598081afa34d6b5.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk