Android 8.O Oreo is Officially Official

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yesterday at a press event directly following the solar eclipse in the US Google officially announced the new name of Android 8.0 Oreo! The late dark horse was orolette, which would have been pretty lame since no one has actually ever heard of that. Google decided to team up with a very well known existing brand in Oreo. Nabisco seemed pretty excited about the pairing as they tweeted the news following Google's official announcement and statue unveiling. The statue represents a super hero shaped like an Oreo with a cape! Google also announced availability through the Android Open Source Project. You can get the update for your Nexus or Pixel devices as we speak. What do you think of the new name? Are you pleased with Oreo or were you hoping for something else?

binarycycle

Reaction score
The name is fitting staying with the naming convention of sweets. I've been running beta for a while and I really like it. Subtle upgrades on top and a pretty big overhaul under the hood. I enjoy the PIP and have used it quite a bit. I also like the notification from the icon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased with the choice of Oreo...I like the video, above.. Oreo thins are my favorite cookie currently. Haven't got 8.0 on my Droid Z force yet but I'll be looking out for the update!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sure wish I had a glass of milk and some oreo's right now. Cool video!

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to get a bag of those red velvet Oreos! I haven't seen them here in CT so far but I'll keep looking. Red velvet rocks. I'll save them for the day I get the Oreo update!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Thought you were in my area, Redbert? (Ohio). Been out for some time here. On our 3rd box.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thought you were in my area, Redbert? (Ohio). Been out for some time here. On our 3rd box.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Maybe they have been... I'll have to check a different supermarket. I'm near Hartford Connecticut... I'll ask my son in law who loves red velvet "everything" if he's seen them around! He'll know for sure!

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Popsicle, it will be. It's smooth sounding.