Android 7 Nougat Coming in August; May Not Come to the Nexus 5 [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
evan-blass-android-n-august-no-nexus-5-update.JPG

While this is an exciting rumor for most Android fans, it will not be pleasant news for folks who own the Google Nexus 5 smartphone. The good news is that Android 7.0 Nougat will supposedly start pushing out to Nexus devices August 5th. The bad news is that for some odd reason, the update will not be made available for the Nexus 5.

Here's the quote from Evan Blass, "Android 7.0 releases next month, with the 8/5 security patch. Sorry Nexus 5 owners, no Nougat for you."

Considering @evleaks' excellent track record with Android leaks, this news seems likely to be true, although Nexus 5 owners are probably wishing he was wrong on at least part of it.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Is there anything in 7 that is really advantageous or groundbreaking? All I've really seen is multi window which Samsung has had for a while.... In my opinion it's been a while since Google has added any features in builds I looked forward to.....

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
You're always among the first to receive software and security updates.....from the Nexus page.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree. The last killer feature was Google Now. Period.
Not one thing really since then has been anything OMG I MUST HAVE,

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seamless updates: Instead of being required to download an Android update, install it and reboot, Nougat will automatically download and install it on a secondary partition. The next time you reboot your device, Android will switch partitions and you’ll have the latest Android version. Also, the JIT compiler means you’ll no longer see the “Android is upgrading” screen following a reboot.

Emoji 9.0 support for more diversity!

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So this is confusing. There are two security releases this month?