And app called books?

gottcha

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this? ? It keeps updating but i can't find it on my phone. I also don't remember installing any book apps.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
Google Books book reader.
I specifically unchecked the auto update box, and somehow it managed to update itself.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google Books book reader.
I specifically unchecked the auto update box, and somehow it managed to update itself.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Google system apps (maps, gmail, etc.) update automatically. It is my understanding that this can not be changed.

Harrybub

Reaction score
Anybody know where it stores the books it downloads?

REMilk

Reaction score
Anybody know where it stores the books it downloads?

On the Droid 3, Google Books are stored in:

Internal Phone Storage (aka SDcard) /Android/data/com.google.android.apps.book/files/accounts/your-google-account-name/volumes/

Under volumes, the individual books are in folders with cryptic names.

When using the "Files" app on the Droid 3, the highest level node is called "Internal phone storage."

When using a file manager such as "OI File Manager", the highest level node is called "sdcard."

I hope this answers your question.

Bob

Harrybub

Reaction score
Hmm I got as far as SDcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.book/files/ and there was nothing after that. But you inspired me to go digging and found them at

(root) /data/com.google.android.apps.book/files/accounts/your-google-account-name/volumes/

Thanks again!

Sherry

Reaction score
This is SO ANNOYING!!!! I use a NOOK and the mobil app. I hate that I have someone deciding for me how to use my space on my phone. Isn't this technically property? I want to put up a No Trespassing sign - enter by permission ONLY!! :icon_evil:

REMilk

Reaction score
This is SO ANNOYING!!!! I use a NOOK and the mobil app. I hate that I have someone deciding for me how to use my space on my phone. Isn't this technically property? I want to put up a No Trespassing sign - enter by permission ONLY!! :icon_evil:

Not sure what yo are complaining about. When you accept the app, there is a list of 'permissions'. If you do not like the 'permissions' do not install the app. One such 'permission' is modifying storage.

Every app that uses a data file of some kind needs to put the somewhere on the phone! I am not sure why you are singling out the NOOK app, as this is common practice.

The books have to be stored somewhere on the device. On My OG Droid, the Nook books were on the micro-SD card, while on the Droid 3, they are in the 16gb internal storage.

I wish that the developers of the apps would update the app to recognize the existence of 2 storage areas (sd cards), as is found on the Droid 3 and other phones, enabling you to choose which sd card you want used, either internal or external.

Bob

Sherry

Reaction score
Not sure where you missed my point but it is.... the new app BOOKS is now laoded on my phone, this is the subject of this thread. I didn't ask for it, didn't want it and don't like it being force fed. I have the NOOK app because I put it there - that was my choice and I put my books on my SD. Not the Google Book app. From what I am seeing there is no way to un-install or to stop updates. Want to chastise me again?

Not sure what yo are complaining about. When you accept the app, there is a list of 'permissions'. If you do not like the 'permissions' do not install the app. One such 'permission' is modifying storage.

Every app that uses a data file of some kind needs to put the somewhere on the phone! I am not sure why you are singling out the NOOK app, as this is common practice.

The books have to be stored somewhere on the device. On My OG Droid, the Nook books were on the micro-SD card, while on the Droid 3, they are in the 16gb internal storage.

I wish that the developers of the apps would update the app to recognize the existence of 2 storage areas (sd cards), as is found on the Droid 3 and other phones, enabling you to choose which sd card you want used, either internal or external.

Bob

REMilk

Reaction score
Not sure where you missed my point but it is.... the new app BOOKS is now laoded on my phone, this is the subject of this thread. I didn't ask for it, didn't want it and don't like it being force fed. I have the NOOK app because I put it there - that was my choice and I put my books on my SD. Not the Google Book app. From what I am seeing there is no way to un-install or to stop updates. Want to chastise me again?

Yes, I will as you are only complaining only about the Book app and not about all the other Bloatware on the phone?

REMilk

Reaction score

And Nowhere were you chastised. You are the one making this inflammatory!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The app is like 5mb. If having an extra 5mb app is bothering you that much then just root and remove it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's keep it civil here folks