Book readers

megraven21

Reaction score
This is a dumb question, I'm sure but I want to buy a book from the nook app but want to have it read to me with a book reader app. Do I have to get a specific book reader app or does any of them work? I'm not sure how these books get saved, as I've never bought a book from Google play, nook or any other type of app, so I don't know if any reader will read ANY book....

ericlewis107

Reaction score
Top 5 eBook Reader Apps for Android Phones/Tablets:-

1. Kindle
2. Google Books
3. NOOK for Android by B&N
4. Aldiko Book Reader
5. Kobo eBooks

U can choose from these options...

chicagojcb

Reaction score
What makes these the top? Is this just the ones that are downloaded the most? How do I find out what ebook formats each one can handle? I've been trying to find something that compares features. Maybe I'm not searching on the right terms. I set up a Kobo account recently, mostly because the independent bookstore where I shop has partnered with them to offer ebooks. I don't think I can be that strange a reader, but I want to be able to get around in the book, not just read it sequentially. Sometimes I like to go back to a section and re-read it. Some of the books I'd like to own electronically will be references and I'll want to go to & from the ToC and to search for keywords. Maybe I'm missing something but I couldn't find a way to do any of those things in Kobe. In order to see a full overview of the chapters I had to mark the book "closed". Heck Adobe Reader has lots more ways to do stuff like this. Am I missing something? Thanks for any thoughts or advice --