Amazon's Fire Phone is a $170 Million Dollar Flop

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I give Amazon credit for venturing into new territory, but their "vision" is all bad.

Another small fish in the big pond...Stick to what you're good at Amazon.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I give Amazon credit for venturing into new territory, but their "vision" is all bad.

Another small fish in the big pond...Stick to what you're good at Amazon.

Look who's up late! Hope you're sleeping soundly now. I woke up and can't get back to sleep. I'm sure it's all the excitement brewing for the Turbo...:confused:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
WOW.. I'm totally shocked.... NOT

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The biggest issue with the Amazon Appstore is that their app versions are always behind the ones in Google Play. Whether paid or free you are better off paying for it on Google since they are always updated there.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The biggest issue with the Amazon Appstore is that their app versions are always behind the ones in Google Play. Whether paid or free you are better off paying for it on Google since they are always updated there.
I have only a couple apps that I paid for through Amazon, and a few others that were paid, but the daily free app. The more time that passes, the less of them I load back on when I get a new device/reset/etc.

I'm getting close to buying them again through Google play for this exact reason. Updates are slower and it doesn't always let me know that they're there. Sometimes I'll go in to see my apps for kicks to see if there's anything else I want back on the device and find out that most of them have updates available.

You'd have to pay me a LOT of money to accept that appstore as the only one on my device.

Also, interesting that they've included apps in the main amazon app...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Look who's up late! Hope you're sleeping soundly now. I woke up and can't get back to sleep. I'm sure it's all the excitement brewing for the Turbo...:confused:
Haha just one more day!

Was only 11:32pm PST here, so not too late. Pretty darn late where you are though.