Amazon Wallet App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
a.com_logo_RGB.jpg

Almost 3 years ago Google announced the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which would debut with the Google Wallet App. The Google Wallet App was Google looking toward the future of making device purchases from your phone. Unfortunately it never got the support that it could from carriers and vendors but here we are now with Paypal, Isis, and now Amazon is throwing their hat in the ring with the Amazon Wallet app. Can Amazon do what Google could not with wallet or will this just be another wallet app among the many?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
i personally have a google wallet card and use it frequently. ive never used tap to pay and thats fine wîth me. i use the card for stuff like fast food and stuff.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Amazon Kills Its Mobile Wallet App Just Six Months After Release

Grand opening and now a grand closing. Looks like we now know how well Amazon wallet has done. Amazon literally is hit or miss. Hit with Amazon fire tv miss with Amazon fire phone. But you have to admire their spirit.
Haha! I was gonna say...I had to double-check the date on the OP here until I read this comment.

I remember having heard of it and wondering why the heck they were doing it. Paypal is one thing because it's a known and trusted entity. Isis or softcard or whatever they call it these days was never an option for me and I've never used Google Wallet to pay in-store before, but it's the one I would use if I was going to do so.

And now I'm seeing rumors that Samsung's loading up their "Samsung Pay" on the s6.

More options isn't always a good thing. Not sorry to see Amazon pull the plug on this one at all.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I been using google wallet since the galaxy nexus and it has improved a lot. Everything from pay a person to making in store payments is simple and just plain cool. Got a buddy going to grab lunch for you but you do not have any cash on you, well before you would either have to do the "pay you back" or have to go to an atm. Now I can send him in an email the money and he gets it instantly.

Pay Pal wallet I have dabbled with but only use paypal for online purchases and that is it. The wallet app just serves as a ledger for my paypal purchases. Other than that not my choice of wallet apps.

stevewaugh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus Zenfone 3 ultra
After using Google & Amazon wallet app, I found the new App ( Puut Wallet App ) which are really efficient to store data like ID cards, vouchers, transfer money, and etc..

Last edited: