Amazon MP3 Store App Not Working

Shifty Shuttlecock

Reaction score
Hope I'm putting this in the right place. Last night I decided to buy Siobhan by The Tossers from the MP3 store. Went to open the app on home screen and it said "This App is no installed on your phone" :icon_eek: I got it to open by using the slide up app menu but after one download it force closed and now force closes immediately every tme I try to open it. Any thoughts? Honestly first problem I've had with this bad boy since I got it.

dkscudder

Reaction score
The name changed to "MP3 Store" when you updated to 2.1. Just remove the shortcut and create a new one.

I don't know what to tell you about the force close problems. Try rebooting the phone after you set up the new shortcut.

OP
S

Shifty Shuttlecock

Reaction score
Tried that and the reboot several times with no luck. The app doesn't even show up in my app list under manage apps >settings . Also doesnt appear in the app market. Phone just throws up a force close notification for the app a few times an hour. It will just be sitting there and the notification appears....

scramblethis

Reaction score
MP3 Store Force Closes

Had that problem this morning. To fix it, you need to delete all cache data stored by the app. Steps:
  1. Go to Settings
  2. Click on Applications
  3. Click on Manage applications
  4. Click on MENU and click on FILTER
  5. Select Running
  6. Find MP3 Store
  7. Click on Clear Data, click on Force Stop
  8. Go HOME
  9. Start the app (it will take a while ... patience, padawan)
  10. Press MENU and select Settings
  11. Click on Clear Cache (this is for extra measure)
  12. Violá :)

ciscoheat

Reaction score
The problem with this "name change" is that apps such as Shazam no longer work. I've been searching the net for quite some time trying to find a fix but haven't seen any. I've contacted Shazam and Amazon both with no response yet (about a month). I guess its time for me to start asking on forums. Any ideas?

ciscoheat

Reaction score
I actually did get a response this time from both (after writing this, I decided to give it a shot again). Amazon wants me to call their support line...so nothing new to report there yet, but this is what Shazam wrote:

"From talking to our Android development team about this issue; they’ve informed me that the fault actually lies with the Amazon application, not Shazam. We’re hoping that the Amazon application is updated soon to restore the previous level of functionality with Shazam."

I kind of accept this, yet I don't at the same time. They need to put the pressure on Amazon to fix it. If not, they need to come up with a solution. I truly think this is an easy fix if both sides would just take a look at it. Maybe its not, but I can't imagine it would take months to sort out.

scramblethis

Reaction score
Same response

yeah... got the same response from Shazam. Agree w/you that it's a shared responsibility, even if Amazon is the one that has to update their code for the MP3 Store app.