Can not delete Amazon MP3 Store

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Rooting voids warranty, not your tos from verizon. And every phone has the same thing, at least that i've had. You have no basis to bring the companies to court. You bought a phone under a contract running a modified os with apps that are free to dowload, even if hard to remove. It's the same with a computer from any large company, which is basically what the phone is. If you are having lag times with wake or making calls, that sounds like a your phone issue, not their's unless they find it wthin reason to replace it.

On further note, rooting cannot be traced or proven if you take steps to be careful, unroot, flash back to stock and wipe data. They can't even prove it through your downloads since the only record is app store and most rooted users have a small toolchest they work within.

P.s. Root explorer is an awesome tool. There are a few other tools that have the same ability with other tools built in on the market as well if you want a little more out of what you pay for.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Wow.... and I am supposed to be happier with a Droid versus the iPhone. This is just another example of why the Motorola and Verizon should be taken to court over this.

I have at least two applications I am forced to accept as installed and over which I cannot have any control, which launch upon startup of the phone (The notion that 0 CPU cycles are used by the application in the background makes me wonder well then how the hell does it know how to start when called.... where is the hook. Some code somewhere scans for something that it would not scan for unless Amazon MP3 was loaded so it uses some CPU cycles, yes even in the background, there is no doubt at all on that).

Amazon MP3 always starts and always populates data. This application shows as a service that has access to my System tools (It can turn on my wifi and prevent my phone from sleeping) it has access to storage, It can access the internet, and it can UNIQUELY identify my phone (and thus ME) all without my permission. Now lets examine another application I can't get rid of, Skype, it has access to my location, my network, my personal information, services that cost me money, my phone calls and again other services.

I was under the impression the main reason to go with Droid was the level of control afforded over exactly this sort of thing. This is just Motorola attempting to lock us into their line of products and services through uninstallable software. Add to that the fact that a "rooted" phone can get you dropped from the Verizon service with absolutely no compensation since you went against their will and voided your warranty.

The saddest thing of all is that I purchased a phone; this works poorly as a phone, it takes forever to "wake up" I assume because it is so busy multi tasking that it forgets that the main thing most want is to be able to dial a phone number, I experience frequent and prolonged delays. It takes about 10 seconds or more per number entry when dialing on an "instant" wake up.

Android is not about control its about choices.

The apps you mention are bloatware and are not put on there by Motorola, and all phones have bloat on them. Even the iphone.

Rooting voids your warranty, they will not drop you from service, just will no longer insure or repair/replace the phone. Apple is researching how to actually cut off jailbroke iphones so who's worse there.

Your poor performance is probably due to using a task killer. If you stop fighting how Android is supposed to operate you will see a marked improvement.

Sent from somewhere...