Amazon MP3 APK Download?

dbroadbent

Reaction score
Hi, I just rooted my Moto Droid (Smoked Glass 6.0.1 ROM), and am loving actually being able to do whatever I want to my phone (especially overclocking!!).

However, I lost the Amazon MP3 app somewhere along the way, and actually liked having it and used it often. I cannot find the APK download ANYWHERE, and it's not available in the market for some reason. I had the same issue with the Youtube app, but managed to find that one.

The only APK I can find for AmazonMP3 is here, but the file won't install on my phone. Does anyone have a download link forthe APK file, or can you just copy the APK from your phone for me?

I'll give you a cookie. But not really.:icon_ banana:

Thank you for the help.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use the Amazon app, you can buy songs from it.

OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
I have the Amazon app, but I want the MP3 app to buy them through the Pandora app's link... And I need the Amazon MP3 app to get it. I'll give you $1 if someone just copies/pastes their Amazonmp3 APK file for me! :)

OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
OH, except I won't give $1 to you, titan, because you have a man crush on Vince Young. :p

Colts > Titans dancedroid

its.mike

Reaction score
This should do the trick for you.

Attachments

• com.amazon.mp3.zip
    235.7 KB · Views: 2,339
OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
It said 'installation not successful' for some reason... ugh.

Any other ideas?

its.mike

Reaction score
Okay got this straight out of Bugless Beast.

Attachments

• AmazonMP3.zip
    375.2 KB · Views: 1,479
OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
Still says not installed for some reason... I am at a loss.

claustin

Reaction score
I think you have to put it in system\apps or whatever and set permissions, then reboot. You would use root explorer to accomplish this the easiest. A straight up apk install wouldn't work.

OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
I think you have to put it in system\apps or whatever and set permissions, then reboot. You would use root explorer to accomplish this the easiest. A straight up apk install wouldn't work.

I've done APK installs before (fennec for example) where I downloaded it directly from the website using dolphin broswer, and installed it directly from the download folder (on the SD card). I used root explorer to put it into system/app, and edited all the permissions to allow everything, and it still doesn't install.

OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
What kills me is 99/100 sites that pop up in Google are for how to get rid of the app... I guess I'm the only schmuck that appreciates it.

OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
Any other ideas? I'm contemplating wiping it again and reinstalling stock to get it back.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would help you, but seeing as you being a Colt fan, and you bashing on VY in the 3rd post, maybe I shouldn't > : )

OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
I would help you, but seeing as you being a Colt fan, and you bashing on VY in the 3rd post, maybe I shouldn't > : )

He'll win five games this season. Just sayin'. I'm kind of surprised they didn't make a move to pick up Clausen or Mccoy, as much as they fell.

I guess I'm going to have to just wipe my droid and reinstall the ROM paying careful attention to everything to make sure I opt-in for the Amazon MP3 app.

Since I'm going to be doing that anyway... I'm using Smoked Glass v6.0.1 right now, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for others that would be as good/better. Also, I've tried using this ROM Switcher program, but it doesn't seem to want to work with me.