amazon mp3 problems

kornfeld

Reaction score
I tried to buy an album on the amazon mp3 app last night, and when it started to download, the app locked up. Now when I try and reopen the app, it says it stopped unexpectedly and needs to force close. Is this a known issue? Is there something I can do to get it working?

Skaggz

Reaction score
I don't know if you'll find people that have seen this before. Frankly, I don't know of any people that actually use that app, even though its included on every phone out of the box.

Because you can't uninstall and reinstall the app (unless you're rooted), have you tried restarting the phone? Maybe shut it off and remove the battery for 30 seconds.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Do most people just download mp3s with their laptops? I did that before I got this phone, but thought it would be nice to cut out the middle man.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, I use my desktop to purchase from Amazon and it goes in my iTunes.

Now about your issue. Have you tried just resetting your phone? (on/off)

If that doesn't work then while the phone is on, pull the battery for a full 30 seconds.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Yeah I tried turning it off and on, and then off, pulling the battery, and back on. Both times, I got the force quit notification as soon as it turned back on...even before I had a chance to try and reopen the app. Who knows.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
And I just tried pulling the battery while the phone was on and got the same result.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I would think your next step is a factory data reset. You won't lose any of your apps, you'll just have to sign back into everything.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Just did a factory data reset.

Not sure if this always does this, but I had to reactivate my phone. You dial *228, the follow the prompts. Not the end of the world, but kind of annoying.

And amazon mp3 works again now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just did a factory data reset.

Not sure if this always does this, but I had to reactivate my phone. You dial *228, the follow the prompts. Not the end of the world, but kind of annoying.

And amazon mp3 works again now.

Yep, and don't forget to do a *228 option 2 as well. Make sure your PRL's are up to date.

Glad you got it working.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Just a thought....I wonder if the program got screwed up because I entered my Amazon account username incorrectly. When I typed in my email address/username the second time around, the end of the email address was supposed to be yahoo.com, but the phone auto corrected it to yahoo. com (with a space between . and com).

Not sure if that was the source of the problem, but I guess it's something to keep an eye on.