Amazon leaked bionic pics

Vito.a

Reaction score
For me, the Bionic is set to be a pretty substantial upgrade regardless of what these specs end up being. Obviously I'll be a little let down if it ends up shipping with 2.2.2 rather than 2.3, but aside from that, I have very few qualms or worries. I'm coming from the original, unrooted Droid, so this is going to be a huge change. My Droid is about fourteen months old now and it's starting to show the signs of its age.

Bootloaders mean nothing to me. I have a general understanding of Android (at least more than the Verizon reps I deal with seem to anyway) and I follow the phones that Verizon puts out but I have no interest in customization to the point of rooting.

The only other thing that I'm keeping a close eye on is the pentile screen business. I've yet to see a working Droid X2 or Droid 3, just the dummy models, so I have nothing to compare to. I don't like what I've heard, but at the same time, it seems like a lot of the complaints are drastically blown out of proportion. I'll have to get around to getting into a Verizon store soon, I just hate the fact that they corner me and try to tell me the Bionic doesn't exist or isn't coming down the pipeline for many months. The only one that didn't was at a Best Buy out of town, but they hardly had any working models.

And truthfully, one of the biggest plusses of the Bionic may never affect me, but that remains to be seen. My area doesn't have 4G yet, and isn't even on Verizon's radar according to their site. However, US Cellular is Verizon's number one competitor in my area (T-Mobile is on a rapid decline and AT&T has almost no coverage here), and they've made it clear that they want 4G in this area by November, early 2012 at the latest. I can imagine that if that's the case, we're going to be quickly bumped into Verizon's sights before too long.

The key to not getting hounded at the Verizon store is not to register, just walk in and tell the guy at the front you are just looking.
As far as the Droid 3 screen goes, I was at the store Friday. The D3 screen looks great to me. Very bright and easy to read. I did not try to watch a video on it, but I did look through the various screens and surfed the net some. It's really a great phone.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the key is to just be informed. I rarely go into a verizon store, but when I do I know exactly what I'm talking about, so they don't try to blow smoke up my ass like they normally would with someone that hasn't put in the effort of research.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
The key to not getting hounded at the Verizon store is not to register, just walk in and tell the guy at the front you are just looking.
As far as the Droid 3 screen goes, I was at the store Friday. The D3 screen looks great to me. Very bright and easy to read. I did not try to watch a video on it, but I did look through the various screens and surfed the net some. It's really a great phone.

I actually take this even a step further and beat them to their next line of "Well if you have any questions, feel free to ask" by saying "I'm just looking, I'll ask if I have any questions."

Just don't say it in a tone that says "Go away" and more with a tone that says "Thanks for being here if I have questions" to not come off as a complete jerk. haha

m00m00w4t3r

Reaction score
i just check verizons 4G map and doesnt look like ill be getting it near my area anytime soon :(
ill prob jump on D3 next week since it has a physical keyboard :D

Vito.a

Reaction score
i just check verizons 4G map and doesnt look like ill be getting it near my area anytime soon :(
ill prob jump on D3 next week since it has a physical keyboard :D

The Verizon 4G upgrade plan is for all major cities by the end of 2012 and then all the remaining 3G areas by the end of 2013. For some folks in rural areas that is 2 1/2 years before it's complete. But, thats way ahead of AT&T which is just now formulating their LTE plan. (The current AT&T 4G system is really a consumer smoke screen.)