Amazon leaked bionic pics

Covington

Reaction score
The looks alone from the new Amazon pics make me want this phone. Knowing it will be 4g LTE/dual core/4.3 screen make it an incredible upgrade from the OG. It's definitely a worthy upgrade, no matter what the specs are they'll be a radical improvement from the OG, which anyone who's smart still has, as nothing else has come out that has been worth the upgrade cost.

It's hard to make an argument for any of the phones released after the D1, other than the Dglobal if you travel outside of the US. The D2 DX DX2 D3 just aren't a big enough jump. Sure it's only my opinion, but I upgrade when something game changing comes around and the Bionic is that phone, visually and hardware wise.

I thought you didn't want this phone because you weren't impressed by the specs? I'm not sure if it was you I was getting that vibe from or someone else so I apologize if it wasn't you.

I haven't upgraded in years so I'm ready for a smart phone. I'm tired of playing with everyone else's android phones. The bionic seems like the one phone I could stand having for a while.

The Thunderbolt just has too many problems. The Charge is fine, no problems...it's just running a single core and it doesn't have LED notification so I'm not to into it. And the revolution is just lackluster in my book. So it's the Bionic or bust!

I know what you mean Ark. I'm sick of watching my chaps play around with their droid 3's and x's while they taunt me, saying the Bionic will never come out. Its going to a glorious day when I finally get rid of this enV touch and become top predator.dancedroid

sb1831

Reaction score

The cut outs for the camera aren't right if that's for the Bionic. The flashes are beside the lens, not under it.

I think they've used the same photos for their unreleased products every time until they were available . Regardless I don't recall them ever having a case for a phone that wasn't launching soon. Hopefully thats good news

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I apologize, as I'm sure this has been answered already, but I saw some mention of it earlier in the post and figured I'd ask, I've been wondering for a while.

I know details are skim at this point, but do we know at all if the Bionic will have an LED notification light? I was under the impression it had come to be pretty standard, but after learning that the Charge didn't have it, I started to wonder about the Bionic.

I'm all but sold on upgrading from my original Droid to this phone, but I absolutely love the notification LED, so that's a big factor for me.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I apologize, as I'm sure this has been answered already, but I saw some mention of it earlier in the post and figured I'd ask, I've been wondering for a while.

I know details are skim at this point, but do we know at all if the Bionic will have an LED notification light? I was under the impression it had come to be pretty standard, but after learning that the Charge didn't have it, I started to wonder about the Bionic.

I'm all but sold on upgrading from my original Droid to this phone, but I absolutely love the notification LED, so that's a big factor for me.

If the past holds true, the Bionic will have an LED notification. I think the reason the Charge didn't was because it was made by Samsung, who I believe has left out a notification LED before on their devices(someone will correct me if I'm mistaken).

From what I can remember, Motorola has always included it as a feature. D1 D2 D2G DX DX2 D3 all have one, so the most likely answer is yes.

BLeClair12

Reaction score

If the past holds true, the Bionic will have an LED notification. I think the reason the Charge didn't was because it was made by Samsung, who I believe has left out a notification LED before on their devices(someone will correct me if I'm mistaken).

From what I can remember, Motorola has always included it as a feature. D1 D2 D2G DX DX2 D3 all have one, so the most likely answer is yes.

That's what I was thinking, thanks. I can confirm that Samsung has left out the light in the past, too. My friend has gone through a couple Samsung Androids and had no light on his, he hated it.

Immolate

Reaction score
Dude, what could they possibly do to make it extraordinary and really cool? It will be the fastest dual-core chip on the fastest network on the biggest mainstream screen size (4.3") with one of the largest camera sensors out.

Do you want 3D? I don't. Do you want a kickstand? What else is there?

Now, I'm speaking more to everybody who claims the specs are underwhelming and not just you directly, but what processor would you have it use? One that doesn't even exist in production yet? I read somebody yesterday ask for it to have the OMAP 4470 in it. *facepalm* the 4470 isn't even in production yet!

It seems like guys want the phone to have some "magical" quality that doesn't exist in reality. Maybe it will come with holographic projection or a way to scan people's thoughts into an app that will predict the best gift to buy for them, but I'm guessing that it's simply going to be a phone with excellent phone specs for the month it's released in.

Brandon

Okay, I'll answer your question seriously in spite of the frustration that I hear coming through.

My last three phones have had 8MP cameras. The current one has 1080p video capability. A 12MP camera would be something new.

We already have a OMAP 4430 @ 1GHz dual core today. 1.2 or higher clock speed would be impressive.

Unlocked bootloader would be something special, either with or without an enhanced UI.

I love big phones. I've owned two 4.3" screens. I'd love a 4.5" screen. That would make the Bionic something special.

I've had a 4G phone 4.3 phone. I have a dual-core phone. Combining dual-core and 4G in a Motorola instrument is enough to get me to buy it, no question. But what makes a truly great phone is more than just the next evolutionary step, and I'm hoping Bionic will be that. I'm not dissing the Bionic or trying to convince others not to buy it. I just want the same thrill I got when I first turned on my Droid X. Sorry if my honest opinion annoyed you. I'm not one to spam the same message on every thread, but some do, and I know how frustratingly stupid that is. Rest assured, I'm not a concern troll.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was surprised how much I relied on the notification light without realizing it. That might be a subconscious deal breaker for me...lol

There are apps for phones that dont have it, they were made with Samsung phones in mind tho. It does something to the screen... either flashes the entire screen or lil areas.

I cant wait til more concrete info about the release of this phone comes out..

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't agree that the Droid X was a thrill. It's screen was big, but that was honestly all it had going for it.

Now going from the Original Droid to the Bionic, that will be a thrill.

You're standing on a very small island wanting a 4.5'' phone, that's pushing the boundaries of fitting in a grown mans pocket.

I think the best things about the Bionic are:

No useless physical keyboard
4G LTE with dual core
4.3'' screen, not too big, not too small.

I guess my point is, "more" is not always better.

If the battery last an entire day with the dual core clocked at 1ghz, but only 3/4 of a day with it clocked at 1.2ghz, then I'd rather have the 1ghz. If the screen can't fit into my pocket at 4.5'', but it can at 4.3'' then I'd rather have it that size.

I think the problem you've had is you bought all the baby step phones and now that an actual 'step up' phone is coming out, you're just not impressed with what it has to offer.

That's not necessarily Motorola's fault.

milkshed27

Reaction score
Okay, I'll answer your question seriously in spite of the frustration that I hear coming through.

My last three phones have had 8MP cameras. The current one has 1080p video capability. A 12MP camera would be something new.

We already have a OMAP 4430 @ 1GHz dual core today. 1.2 or higher clock speed would be impressive.

Unlocked bootloader would be something special, either with or without an enhanced UI.

I love big phones. I've owned two 4.3" screens. I'd love a 4.5" screen. That would make the Bionic something special.

I've had a 4G phone 4.3 phone. I have a dual-core phone. Combining dual-core and 4G in a Motorola instrument is enough to get me to buy it, no question. But what makes a truly great phone is more than just the next evolutionary step, and I'm hoping Bionic will be that. I'm not dissing the Bionic or trying to convince others not to buy it. I just want the same thrill I got when I first turned on my Droid X. Sorry if my honest opinion annoyed you. I'm not one to spam the same message on every thread, but some do, and I know how frustratingly stupid that is. Rest assured, I'm not a concern troll.

I understand what you're saying about the specs but the specs you are talking about all exist in multiple phones. No one device off the top of my head combines all the specs you mentioned and that to me is the most important thing. Also, camera MP are not the most important thing. It's the lens quality that makes the most difference. I've seen cameras with lower MP outperform higher MP cameras. As far as the processor, from what I understand the OMAP4430 is supposed to be one of the best currently available. Some people talk about the 4460 but I've read that the 4460 is basically a binned 4430. Meaning that it's a 4430 chip that runs more efficiently at the determined clock speed. Proof of this is the OG Droid (OMAP3430) which, some of us can run custom kernels at higher clock speeds and lower voltages than others can. I've also found the quality of the processor to be more important than clockspeed. For example, I've tested my OG Droid running at 1.25ghz vs the Samsung Charge running Voodoo kernel at stock speeds and the Samsung outperformed the Moto in every test. Granted, we are talking about 2 years between the two processors but it's the only comparison I've got. Again, I totally understand where you are coming from and I see that you also mentioned that 4g + dual-core is enough for you to purchase the phone and I feel the same way.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Verizon just claimed that 4G is now active in my area, although it looks a bit spotty. Still, I'm aboard for 4G and the Bionic!

BLeClair12

Reaction score
For me, the Bionic is set to be a pretty substantial upgrade regardless of what these specs end up being. Obviously I'll be a little let down if it ends up shipping with 2.2.2 rather than 2.3, but aside from that, I have very few qualms or worries. I'm coming from the original, unrooted Droid, so this is going to be a huge change. My Droid is about fourteen months old now and it's starting to show the signs of its age.

Bootloaders mean nothing to me. I have a general understanding of Android (at least more than the Verizon reps I deal with seem to anyway) and I follow the phones that Verizon puts out but I have no interest in customization to the point of rooting.

The only other thing that I'm keeping a close eye on is the pentile screen business. I've yet to see a working Droid X2 or Droid 3, just the dummy models, so I have nothing to compare to. I don't like what I've heard, but at the same time, it seems like a lot of the complaints are drastically blown out of proportion. I'll have to get around to getting into a Verizon store soon, I just hate the fact that they corner me and try to tell me the Bionic doesn't exist or isn't coming down the pipeline for many months. The only one that didn't was at a Best Buy out of town, but they hardly had any working models.

And truthfully, one of the biggest plusses of the Bionic may never affect me, but that remains to be seen. My area doesn't have 4G yet, and isn't even on Verizon's radar according to their site. However, US Cellular is Verizon's number one competitor in my area (T-Mobile is on a rapid decline and AT&T has almost no coverage here), and they've made it clear that they want 4G in this area by November, early 2012 at the latest. I can imagine that if that's the case, we're going to be quickly bumped into Verizon's sights before too long.